September 30th, 2013

"Samantha," Calum let out a small groan as she brought her hands up to his hair, tugging gently on the ends of it. Making out had become a regular thing for the two of them, and they often spent their nights (or even just days) in Calum's room, on the bed. "Can you explain something to me?"

"What?" Sam asked, pulling away from him. She looked down at his lap, where she was sitting, and at the prominent bulge in his pants. "You what me to explain that?"

"No, no," Calum laughed, covering his face with his hands from embarrassment. "I was just... thinking."

Sam smirked and came down again, pressing her lips to a spot right under Calum's jaw. "Thinking about what?"

"I was thinking about what you told me when we first met, about how you like to leave a lot." Calum's voice was strained as Sam continued kissing him, and he was beginning to wonder why he'd chosen now to start this conversation. Surely it could have waited until later, right?

"Yeah," Sam nodded, her hands moving down Calum's chest, "What about it?"

"I know you said that you liked to move around a lot because you get bored, but are there any other reasons why?" He asked. It just didn't make sense to Calum how Sam could just wake up one day and be "bored" with her surroundings, and feel the need to move away and leave so many people behind. He'd never be able to leave his friends and family, but maybe that was just him.

"I don't know..." Sam trailed off. Calum could tell that she wasn't really in the mood to make out now, and he supposed that he was at fault for that, but he didn't exactly care. He was more interested in Sam's reasoning behind why she liked to move around so much; they could make out more later. "I just like the idea of being able to go from place to place, and not having any attachments."

"Oh." Calum said quietly. He hadn't really thought of that. Was he an attachment? Was he going to ultimately hold Sam back from leaving if she wanted to? They weren't even officially dating and had only known each other for a little over a month, but at the rate they were going now Calum assumed that it was only a matter of time before their relationship became a bit more serious.

"Like..." Sam climbed off of Calum and landed on the other side of the bed, so she was laying next to him. "I've always been this way, since I was little. I've wanted to go out and see the world and just be one of those people that never has to worry about leaving things behind. That's why I normally don't stay in the same place for that long, because I know that if I do I'll get attached and I'll never want to leave."

"So you don't feel any attachment towards me? Or Luke, or Michael, or any of your friends?" Calum questioned.

"I didn't say that." Sam groaned, rubbing her hands over her face.

"I just don't understand." Calum said softly.

"It's feels weird to just stay in one place," Sam continued. "I like traveling and meeting new people."

"But what's so wrong about staying? Why can't you just pick a place and stay?" Calum asked, running his hands through his already tousled hair.

"I don't know." Sam shrugged. "I don't think I'm meant to just pick a place and stay."

"That doesn't make sense." Calum groaned. He pouted, too, because he was starting to worry more about the thought of Sam potentially leaving, even though Calum was trying everything he could to make her want to stay.

"I know. I'm really sorry, Cal." Sam sighed, as she reached over and grabbing Calum's hand, intertwining their fingers.

"It's fine." He barely said over a whisper, staring up at the ceiling. He liked Sam, a lot, and he was paranoid that one day he'd wake up and she'd just be gone.

"I don't want to leave yet." Sam spoke after a few moments of silence, startling Calum.

"What?"

"I said, I don't want to leave yet. I've been living in this town for almost five months now and I still have no desire to leave." Sam explained, giving Calum's hand a squeeze.

"Is that a good thing?" Calum asked slowly, not exactly understanding.

"Yeah." Sam nodded.

"Do you think you'll leave eventually?" Calum questioned, though he was terrified to hear Sam's answer.

"Yeah." She repeated.

"Okay." Calum whispered. He turned and sat at the edge of the bed for a minute before getting up and leaving the room, because he just didn't want to talk about this anymore.

-

this was really short and confusing I'm sorry but like there wasn't anything more that I needed to add in here so it's okay

don't hate on sam because she has reasons for doing what she ultimately does and she literally told Calum right there that she was going to leave him eventually