September 12th, 2013

"Do you think anyone will even notice that we're missing?" Sam whispered, turning to face Calum. They were both laying on his bed in his room, hiding out from their other friends, who were currently getting drunk or high in the living room. Michael had brought over a ton of stuff to mess around with, and Luke ended up calling everyone over to try it out.

Sam and Calum didn't want to get drunk or high tonight, and they both decided that it would be more fun for them to go somewhere where they could talk privately, just so their annoying friends didn't bother them any more.

Calum was hoping that he'd finally be able to work up enough courage to make a move with Sam, while all she wanted was to go somewhere quieter. Sam had never really been big on parties or getting drunk, and if she had the choice she'd stay in and read all night. Sure, she liked to go to the bar with her friends every once and a while, but for the most part Sam liked to stay inside.

"I doubt it." Calum whispered back. He rolled onto his side, so he was looking down at Sam. God, she was so pretty. I made Calum nervous, even though when they went on a date a few days before Sam told him that he had no reason to be nervous around her.

"Thanks for, like, suggesting that we come in here." Sam said softy. "I don't really like that type of stuff."

"What, drinking? Or the drugs?" Calum asked. He wasn't a stranger to drugs and he definitely was no stranger to drinking, either, but he didn't do it all the time. He went out to bars and drank with his friends when they asked him too and if someone passed him a joint he would smoke a bit before passing it on to the next person. He wasn't over the top, he was perfectly normal for a teenage boy.

"Just...being around people in general." Sam laughed. "Well, that's a lie. I like being around people. Just not all the time."

"Oh, yeah. I get it. I like to be on my own most of the time, too. Well, actually I like to be with Luke." Calum blurted out, feeling stupid that he'd let the comment about Luke slip. Everyone already thought they had too close of a relationship, now Sam was going to think they were gay for each other as well.

"That's cute." Sam laughed again, and Calum just couldn't get over how beautiful her laugh sounded. He could sit and listen to her laugh for hours. He wondered if she would ever do that for him, just laugh and laugh and laugh for his own amusement. Or maybe he could somehow put her laugh on his iPod and play it over and over again until he fell asleep. That'd be a nice thing to dream about.

"I guess." Calum shrugged.

Before Calum could even process what was going on, Sam was rolling over, closer to Calum, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Uh..." Was all that came out of Calum's mouth, because he really wasn't sure what was going on. Sam usually didn't get this close to him, they'd only met a few weeks ago and only had gone on one date since then. But Sam did say that she'd want to make out with Calum sometime, so obviously she was interested in doing so. Calum just wasn't sure if he was supposed to make the first move or not.

"What?" Sam asked.

"You're making me nervous." Calum laughed he slowly (really slowly) brought his hands to her waist and rested them there, hoping that she'd be okay with it.

"Am I really?" Sam laughed. "I'm not even doing anything yet!"

"Yet? Oh my God, what are you going to do?" Calum asked, wondering just what Sam had planned. Calum really wasn't used to doing things like this with girls, he'd only had one girlfriend and before her he'd only kissed one other girl. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do when a very pretty girl that he liked a lot was this close to him and preparing to do something.

"Cal." Sam sighed, stifling a laugh. "Calm down."

"I'm calm." Calum shrugged.

"Not really." Sam laughed again, inching closer to Calum. He had to make the first move, he couldn't let Sam do it. That'd be stupid. And then every time they kissed after that Calum would remember that Sam kissed him first, not the other way around.

So Calum leaned in and pressed his lips to Sam's.

It was kind of a slow kiss, at first, until Calum got the hang of what he was doing and moved his hand up to the nape of Sam's neck, pulling her closer to him. He tilted his head to the side and deepened the kiss, and Sam's fingers moved to the ends of Calum's hair, giving them a small tug.

"You're really good at this." Sam whispered against Calum's lips. She moved her hands down his chest, to the hem of his t-shirt, which Calum sat up and pulled over his head. There was too much heat between their two bodies now for him to keep it on and stay comfortable.

"Am I really?" Calum asked.

"Uh huh." Sam nodded. She brought her hands back up to Calum's face, cupping the sides of his cheeks and dragging him towards her, bringing their lips together once again.

They continued to kiss like that for a long time. It was very slow and very lazy, but Calum liked that, because he didn't want to rush things. He kept his hands on either side of Sam's head while he hovered over her, her hands on his shoulders while he continued to leave short and kind of sloppy (but a good kind of sloppy) kisses along her neck and jawline.

"Hey, we're playing some - " Luke burst into the room without knocking, catching Calum and Sam right in the middle of their make out session.

"Why don't you ever knock?" Calum groaned, barley pulling away from Sam to look up at his best friend, who had a bad habit of barging into things.

"I'm sorry!" Luke yelled, a hint of annoyance in his voice. Almost like he'd been the one that got walked in on. "We're playing some drinking games, dammit. Come play with us."

And then Luke turned and shut the door, like he didn't care if Sam and Calum decided to come with or not. He was drunk, anyway, so Calum didn't even think that he would realize if the two stayed missing for a little longer.

"Do you want to go play some drinking games?" Calum whispered, his lips already moving towards that spot on Sam's neck that she'd seemed to like.

"No, I think we should play a few other games." Sam smirked and put her hands back on Calum's shoulder, successfully flipping him over and climbing on top of him, placing a leg on either side of his waist.

"Oh my God." Calum muttered to himself and Sam heard him, so she laughed before leaning down and connecting their lips once again.

-

this was also kind of pointless but it's almost a month since Calum and Sam met and they've gone on a date and obviously like each other so Sam was like "let's make out" and Calum was like "hell yeah"

that is all