Chapter Six

Scott and his pack are going to protect Hayden and I. Liam convinced us not to tell Valery even though I doubt she would believe us anyway. So we told her we were staying at a friends house. We got ready for school. Hayden wore a long sleeve stripe shirt, jeans and converse. While I wore a black long sleeve, jeans and combat boots.

We are at the school where we were going to hide from the dread doctors. Scott, Malia, Lydia and Parrish were putting frequency things up. To be honest this isn't the smartest plan anyone has come up with but it was the only thing we got. Liam, Hayden and I stacked stuff in front of the doors so they couldn't come in but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't stop them. Hayden was looking at her self in the mirror while I sat on the ground.

"Don't worry. You'll learn to control it." Liam said.

"We're not like you." Hayden said. "We weren't bitten by a wolf. We are... somebody's science experiment."

I looked down rethinking her words over and over again. "This is crazy."

"I know." Liam said. "But you guys are gonna be okay. I promise."

"What are we?" Hayden asked.

"You're Tatum and Hayden." Liam said.

I laughed. That was super cheesy.

"By the way. If you get us out of this. We're forget all about sixth grade."

My eyes widens. "What? I never agreed to that."

Hayden kicks my leg and I scowled folding my arms and I grumbled a fine.

We have been waiting a long time. Hayden, Liam and I were sitting and leaning against lockers. My head against Liam's shoulder while Hayden held my hand tightly in hers. I was trying to rest my eyes but it's hard to do that when things are out to get you.

Liam moved slowly away from me to get up. I heard something clanking against each other and I opened my eyes to see Liam holding chains in his hands.

"What were you going to do with these?" Liam asked Scott.

"Brought them just in case." Scott told him.

"In case of what?" Liam asked.

"In case we had a chance to catch one of them." Lydia spoke up.

"If we can't make the school a fortress. Then maybe we can make it a trap." Scott said.

What?

"They're coming for them. Does that mean they're the bait?" Liam asked.

My eyes widen and Hayden squeezed the life out of my hand.

Hayden and I stood not letting go of each other's hand.

"Liam. We brought them here to protect them." Lydia tried to reason with Liam but he didn't listen.

"And now they're bait." Liam said, clearly angery.

"Are we?" Hayden asked.

"No. No one's bait." Scott told us. "But we can't be bodyguards to everyone every night."

"Then why aren't we talking to Stiles's Dad?" Liam asked. "Why aren't we doing something better then hiding in a school?"