Chapter Eleven

"Any available units, Beacon Hills telecom is requesting an 11-5 at the communication towers off Cypress Lane." The Dispatch said in the radio.

"10-4, Despatch. I'm in the area." Valery replied.

"Copy, unit 5." Dispatch said. "A technician was sent over an hour ago and telecom hasn't heard back."

"Copy, I'm 10-76."

We were in Valery police car since she wasn't letting us leave her site. Hayden rolled her eyes.

"You're gonna drag us to work every night?" Hayden asked.

"If I have to." Val says.

"You can't keep an eye on us 24/7." Hayden replies.

"You two disappeared for three days. I'm keeping an eye on you two for the rest of your natural born life."

"I told you we were with Liam." I said, annoyed.

"Which doesn't improve your argument." Val shot me a look and I shrunk in the backseat.

I love Val even though she's not my real sister but she's way overprotective. I just wished I had a better alibi then staying at Liam's. Hayden's the one who came up with it, go figure.

"Maybe you think you can do your own thing now. I don't care. You both still need me. We look out for each other, remember?" Val continued.

I looked down in shame. I want to tell Val everything but I don't want to put her in danger.

"For all I know, you both could have been dead." Val said.

We were I thought bitterly to myself. Val pulled up to Cypress Lane. There was a truck that was still running but other then that it was abandon.

"Stay here." She ordered.

She got out. I leaned in between the two front seat, looking out and making sure everything with Val is okay. Hayden was doing the same. Val looked in the trucking and turned it off. Val went in the building. I narrowed my eyes, something felt off.

"Hello?" I used my super hearing to listen in.

"Help me." A man's voice whispered.

My head shot up along with Hayden's. We slowly got out not taking our eyes off the building. We slammed the doors and when I did I saw Liam's reflection. I throw a punch but he ducked.

"Liam." I shouted.

"Sorry!"

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Hayden leaned against the door watching us.

"I sent you like 100 texts. And then I sent 1 to Hayden and she said where you guys were."

"I saw." I said, giving Hayden a glare.

I really didn't want to talk to him. I just wanted to run as far away as I could from him.

"You saw? That's it?" Liam stutters. "How could you not tell me that you're alive?"

"You promised that you would be there with me and you lied. I died without you and that was the last thing I wanted." I snapped.