Chapter Three

Hayden and I were given the duty of watching Gwen. Hayden and I stood by her locker.

Gwen slammed her locker shut, jumping in fright when she saw us. "You don't have to follow me around everywhere."

"We're just trying to keep you safe." Hayden shrugged.

I leaned forward. "Liam's making me if that makes you feel better."

"Tatum, shut up!" Hayden slapped me in my arm.

"What? You're gonna sit through all my classes?" Gwen asked. She started walking away and we followed her. "And what about after school? What about all night?"

"We're going wherever you go." I smirked. "Get used to it, Gweny."

We all looked at the bathroom.

"We'll just stay here." Hayden nodded.

Gwen smiled, going into the bathroom.

"Don't worry, Hayd." I placed my hand on her arm. "We'll protect her. And we won't let her get taken."

"You lied." She looked at me.

My brows furrow. "What do you mean?"

"About Liam making you watch her. You wanted to help me. It's okay to care." She smiled.

"I know. I have to protect my reputation." I laughed.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Scott, Liam and Mason came up with a plan to hide everyone in the party underground. Which is where we are right now.

"Why are we under ground?" A girl asked.

"This is the way to the bunker." Hayden told the girl.

"You guys have a bunker? Who are you people?" Nathan gave us a look.

"We're the people who's gonna save your a**." I glared at him.

Liam stepped up. "We're the people who know things about the things that most people don't know about."

Hayden and I shared a look, confused. Was that suppose to make sense?

"What?" Nathan asked, just as confused.

"Just keep moving." Hayden changed the subject.

I paused, glancing over all the teenagers who started walking like we told them. I didn't see Gwen.

"Liam... Hayden..." I stopped them. "Where's Gwen?"

We all looked up the ladder. I grabbed on to it, starting to go up. Liam stopped me.

He looked at me worried. "What are you doing?"

"I put up this act like I don't care who gets hurt. But it's all an act, Li. I do care, even though I'm scared to care." I stated. "I'm going to go find Gwen."

"Just... be careful. I can't lose you to them. I'll forget you and I don't want that." He said.

"I promise." I smiled. "I'll be back, safe and sound."

Hayden followed me out of the bunker.

We fianlly found Gwen. She was in the girls locker room. She groaned when she saw us.

"I'm not waiting in a bunker to get taken." Gwen stated.

"You have no idea what you're up against. Last night, it took all of us to stop one of them. If you go out there, they'll take you too." Hayden told her.

"They'll find me wherever I am. Just like Phoebe."

"I'm sorry we couldn't protect her. But we can protect you."