We've Done Love Wrong

For some reason when I heard her come inside the living room, I closed my eyes and started basking in the sound of her soft footsteps that are currently leading to me. I began counting the numbers until finally when I reached ten, I could practically feel her presence towering over me as I lay comfortably on my recliner.

I knew Jade was waiting for me to speak up by the way she touches a part of my face gently and lifts my chin up with the other hand, prompting me to finally meet her dangerously enticing brown eyes.

I heaved a sigh. "You're late. Again. Where have you been?"

Jade shook her head gently, a soft and pleasing smile growing across her face. She replied, "You know where I've been. But it's better to be late than never, am I right?"

I leaned further into her touch, closing my eyes for a moment before meeting the sincerity within Jade's gaze.

I nodded, sighing. "What did you tell her?"

Jade held my lips captive, before pulling away and leaned her forehead on mine. "Nothing that leads to you, that's for sure. So you'll have nothing to worry about."

"You do know that it's only a matter of time before she finds out about our sordid secret; that I'm your paramour," I warned her. "When will you stop this? When will you realize that what we're doing is wrong?"

I needed Jade to wrap her head around this situation, this deplorable situation. She needed to know the implications of what we're doing, of what we've already done behind everyone's backs, behind her back. But I felt like a hypocrite at the same time, because even if I told her to back off, to run away now while she still had the chance to, I didn't want her to do it.

I wanted her to stay.

My thoughts were derailed when I felt her familiar plumped lips on mine once again, nibbling my bottom lip. I felt her legs' delicate skin rubbing on mine as she swings one of them on me, eventually leading her to straddle me on my own chair. I felt her smooth hands rubbing on my arms and my chest. Her lips traced a path towards my ear as she nibbles on it this time.

"One thing you don't know about me, Edwards, is that I'm addicted to bad things," she whispered suggestively, her lips ghosting over my neck before she sinks her teeth on them. "So don't ask me to stop anymore, because I'm already addicted to you."

"Addiction to illicit love affairs won't make you feel anything but regret, Jade," I whispered back, tilting my head back in pleasure.

I heard her chuckle lowly before turning her head to meet my eyes. A sparkle of mischievousness twinkled in her eyes.

"I'm a bad woman, Edwards." She leaned in to kiss me before murmuring against my lips, "I do love wrong and never feel regret."

I kissed her back, knowing explicitly enough that I'm a hypocrite; that I'm a bad woman, too. Because I'm already addicted to what we do, addicted to what we have, addicted to her.

I'm addicted to this illicit love affair, and just like the woman whom I'm irretrievably in love with, I do love wrong and never had I ever felt regret.