2

Calum was released from the hospital later that day. This was nothing new to him, however. He had seizures fairly often so trips to the hospital weren't unlikely. He wasn't able to drive, due to the high risk of having a seizure whilst in the car so he had to walk home or catch the bus. The overcast of clouds outside didn't stop Calum from walking home. He loved the outdoors, before he was diagnosed with epilepsy he played footy. He couldn't live a normal life after his first seizure, however.

~flashback~

The black haired boy ran down the field, dribbling the football. The wind blowing his hair back, smile on his face. His mom and dad smiled at him and cheered him on. Calum suddenly went rigid and he fell to the ground. He went unconscious as his body convulsed and trembled. His mother screamed and ran to her son. She tried to hold him down as someone called an ambulance. From then on he was forbidden from every sport. His father treated him poorly ever since, like it was Calum's fault he had the seizure.

Calum's brain disorder wasn't something he really had control over. The seizures were unpredictable. He struggled to live a normal life because of it. Kids made fun of him. They called him names like spazzy, and twitchy. It hit him hard when he was 16. The names caused him to resort to self harm. He didn't stop until it got too serious. He had a seizure in the middle of opening his skin. The blade ended up going too deep into his wrist causing him to be hospitalized for a longer time. He was sent to a mental institution where one of the nurses took advantage of his fragile state. He's never been the same since.

~present~

The memories haunt him but he learned ways of coping with them. He has his battle scars, just like everyone else.

Calum continued walking to his house. Rain began to fall and Calum sighed.

"Pretty shit that you have to walk home in this weather, aye Hood?" an angelic voice spoke causing Calum to look up.

He smiled at the sight of Savannah slowly driving next to him, "Are you stalking me, Miss Jacobs?"

Savannah laughed, "We live on the same street."

Calum raised an eyebrow at the woman, "We do?"

She smiled sadly, "Get in I'll drive you home."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

poor Calum and his shit life growing up.

ಥ_ಥ

ok vote comment share