4

Calum laid in bed, his eyes puffy and red from crying. His doorbell rang, causing him to sigh.

"It's unlocked!" he yelled.

He heard the door open and close, the person being kind enough to lock it for him.

"I'm upstairs, first room on the left." He instructed the person who could possibly be an ax murderer.

Calum wouldn't have minded an ax murderer coming in his house and killing him. He wouldn't have to deal with his disorder.

He stared at the glow in the dark stars above him, not noticing the visitor in his doorway. They cleared their throat, snapping Calum out of his self pity induced bubble. His heart leaped.

"Hey, Cal," Savannah greeted.

"Savannah? What are you doing here?" Calum asked, sitting up.

She gave him a sad smile, "I came to apologize..." She stated, "I shouldn't have pushed you like that. It was uncalled for.”

Calum shook his head, "No, it's fine. Don't apologize. You had every right to ask. I'm sorry I acted that way."

Savannah hadn't noticed Calum's puffy appearance until after he said that, "Were you crying?"

Calum nodded and stared at his hands, "It's almost been a year."

Savannah pushed herself off the door frame and sat in front of the sad boy. She placed a reassuring hand on his knee, "You can talk to me anytime. You have my number and I'm literally right next door."

He nodded, "Michael and I had been friends for nearly 17 years. We knew each other since we were kids. We both clicked instantly, due to the fact that we were both different."

~flashback~

"Watch where you're going, Spazzy!!" a boy with blonde said and green eyes spoke.

"Leave him alone!" another boy defended, repeating the same thing under his breath.

The blonde haired boy shook his head and walked away.

"Thank you..." the 8 year old Calum spoke shyly.

"No problem! I'm Michael, but you can call me Mikey. What's your name?" Calum opened is mouth to speak but Mikey repeated what he said under his breath.

"I'm Calum but, my mum calls me Cal. Why do you repeat everything you say, really quietly?"

Michael shrugged, plopping onto the grass and pulling some out, "I've got tis thing called 'palilalia.' My brain makes me repeat everything I say. People think I'm crazy. I don't mind it though." Calum waited for the boy to finish is second explanation and sat down next to him.

"PA-li-LAY-LEE-uh. That's fun to say!" Calum giggled.

Michael giggled along and, soon, the giggles became full on hysterics.

~present~

"We were best friends since then. Him and I both shared a love for music and, eventually, it was time for Uni. We did our first 4 years and had enough of an education to get us trough to decent jobs. We moved in together and we had tis really, really ugly dog. His name was 'Ugg'." Savannah giggled at that and Calum smiled at the memory of the horrible looking cockerspaniel, "We both loved that dog, so much. It's crazy, he was so full of life and then one day he just...died."

Calum's smile faltered, "The same thing happened with Michael...I didn't know he felt the way he did. I knew something was wrong but, I figured he would bring it up." Tears flooded his eyes, "   i found him in his room, and empty anti-depressant bottle in his hand. His bracelets, except one, were removed to reveal cuts and scars. There was an envelope in his other hand."

~flashback~

Calum took the envelope from Michael's cold, lifeless hand and opened it. The note read:

Thank you for making my downs turn into ups. (Sorry, I'm trying to make you smile one last time...) Look, I don't want you to feel like this is the end because, for you, it's just the beginning of a new chapter.  I'm some place better now and I want you to know that you're the best friend people would kill to have. I left one of my favourite bracelets on but you can keep the rest. My life may have ended but our friendship never will. Don't blame yourself for this. I love you, man. -Mikey

Calum's eyes overflowed with tears as he folded the note and placed it in his pocket. He took the bracelets off of the bedside table and slid them on his tanned wrists before calling an ambulance to pick up the body of his best friend.

~present~

"The seizures have been really bad since then. I still wear the bracelets in remembrance. He was only 25 at the time, like me."

Savannah wiped a tear that had fallen out of Calum's eye. Calum stared deeply into Savannah's eyes, watching as the dilated. There were tears streaming down her face, causing her mascara to smudge.

"I'm so-"

Calum shook his head and cut her off, "Don't say you're sorry it happened. It wasn't your fault. Thank you for listening." Calum grabbed a tissue from his bedside table and wiped her cheeks.

She smiled, "Thank you, Calum, for trusting me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I'll be damned. Its been a long ass time i am so sorry my Chiplings. THATS MY FANDOM NAME NOW OMG YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY IN THE FANDOM IF YOU READ MY STORIES. YOU ARE A CHIPLING WELCOME TO THE FAMILY.

OK SO STORY TIME!!

I've been really busy w/ summer school and stuff thats why i haven't updated in 14856328564126843 years. AND MY PHONE BROKE SO I'VE BEEN MOURNING ITS DEATH.

ok so ily guys so much like you don't even know how happy you've made Mother Chip (me). I've been seeing people adding this to their reading lists and like sobbing bc things like this don't happen to girls from New Jersey (which is a lie but just go along w/ it).

Y'all are the best ok bye ily ♥♥♥♥♥♥