The Forest of Death

Shurui

I've heard of the forest of Death from daddy. It seems a weird place for a exam. Unless this is to test our survival skills. Anyways as the procter explained the test. I sat quietly on the ground as Shika and Choji stood. According to the test we were to retrieve two scrolls then make our way to the center of the forest to a tower where we open the scrolls. I got up quietly as we were told to head to our designated areas. Before she said begin she told us not to die. Is she joking or is she being serious. Oh well I might as well get ready.

Shikamaru

To say we had an unfair advantage would be an understatement. Shurui was essentially a GPS. Within the first few minutes she had already pinpointed all the teams in the area. We had chosen a target and had gotten our scroll. "Well this was easier than the crazy lady said it would be. Then again we're not at the tower yet. Shurui. You picking up anything we might want to be aware of?" She seemed to be focused on something but quickly answered me. "We need to stay clear of Gaara and his team. Something feels wrong about them. Naruto and his team seems to be in trouble. Their we're several enemy ninjas around them but now they are gone. Maybe we should help. I shook my head. "No. We need to focus on the mission. Besides they could attack us." She nodded before looking off in a direction. "We should move. Something feels wrong that way. Let's head to the tower." Me and Chouji agreed and we took off towards the tower. I hope theirs some beds at this tower. I could really use a nap.

At the tower
Shurui

I sat out on the roof enjoying the sounds of the night. Shika and Chouji had went to bed already and most of the teams had shown up. I was enjoying the nice night when I felt a familiar presence. "Hello Gaara." I could sense his surprise as he walked over to me. How did you know it was me?" I smiled as he sat down nearby. "Every single person has a unique chakra signature. Kinda like a fingerprint. What brings you up here." He answered quickly. "I can't sleep and up here I can keep mother peaceful." I felt kinda bad for him but I could tell their was more to it than what he said. We sat in relative silence till I got up to head to bed.