A Fateful Encounter

Shikamaru

We made it to Umimura safely. The house we stayed in was a one room apartment while we began our investigation. I was alright with everything except the sleeping arrangements. Their was only one bed so we had to share......and Shurui cuddles in her sleep. If her dad saw this is I'd be a dead man. Troublesome girlfriend. With Shurui using her doves and me following leads. We were closing in on the root of the problem. It seemed the crime family hired ninja after we left last time. The fact that our nin patrolling the road were unsuccessfully stopping them suggest a skilled group of nin. If we can just find the merchant family hiring the ninja we can cut the head of the snake off. These rouge nin will most likely leave with no one paying for their service and then it will be up to the village hunter ninja. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a plate being placed in front of me. "Shika you need to eat." I sighed as I grabbed the plate and moved to the table to eat. "Shika I was thinking. I should patrol the village tonight. With my sensory skills I'll be able to track anyone suspicious." I knew she was right but I didn't like putting her at risk but like my dad told me. You have to control your emotions as a ninja. Especially if it involves someone you love. Its going to be troublesome but. I told her to get some rest then so she would be ready tonight. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek. Troublesome woman.
Shurui

It was a cool night in the village as I started my patrol. Besides a few thiefs, it had been a calm night. Shika wasn't lying. Their seems to be no signs of the ninja orchestrating the raids on the traders. I was getting ready to head back to our base when I sensed it, a minute chakra signature. They were hiding their chakra signature. I got you now. I should have went to tell Shika but I knew that if I didn't chase them now they would escape. So off I went after them. They seemed to notice I had sensed them as they stopped moving and seemed to be waiting. I found the lone Ninja. I immediatly knew this was no normal ninja. He feels like Sasuke but older. That could only mean one person. "You must be Itachi. It wasn't nice what you did to my dad." I said while holding a defensive stance. "A blind ninja? You must be Shurui. What I did to Kakashi was necessary." I was angry with this man but I remained calm. I could also sense. Something wrong with him. "Your dying. I can sense it." I sensed his shock but he quickly recovered. "I've heard you were a powerful sensor. I see the stories are true." I could sense he wasn't in an aggressive state but it confused me but what he did next confused me more. "I have some information that might interest you." Curious I listened as he spoke. "The ninja you seek were defectors from our organization. They have been dealt with. In return for allowing me to leave without fighting I will give you the name of their employer. Hmm seems like a fair deal. Even sick as he is I doubt I could capture him. "Very well ill leave you to go in peace." I was surprised when he was immediately in front of me. He placed a scroll in my hand before beginning to walk away. "Tell your companion you found that on a thief you stopped. Have a good night." He was quick as he left the village. This was a interesting night, best get back and share this new info with Shikamaru.