Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

BEEP!!!!BEEP!!!!BEEP!!!!

"Ugh!" I said as I woke up at six a.m. for the first day of school.

'Too early!' I thought as i pressed the snooze button.

Half and hour later I was woken up with pounding on my door.

"Blair! You have to wake up! School starts in forty-five minutes!" Said my brother Jake. I didn't make the slightest movements. He pounded on my door again. Seriously! He's going to break it!

"Okay! Okay! I'm up! But it's still too early! Stop hitting my door! You're gonna break it!" I whined.

"Well, too bad! I already had to look after the dogs for you!" He retorted.

"Thank you!!" I said.

"Yeah, sure." I could hear his footsteps going down the hall. I sighed one last time then got up and went for a shower.

I had picked out my first day of school outfit the night before. Its a habit now. If I don't, well let's just say I would have been much later than I am now.

I had on black high-waisted shorts with a white tee, a leather jacket and black keds. I would have wore my combat boots, but I wanted to be a bit more comfortable for the first day back. Then I curled my hair and finished off with my makeup. I usually don't wear much, but today is an exception. I created a black smokey eye, then put on a little bit of peach blush and clear lip gloss.

As soon as I was finished getting ready, my parents called me downstairs. They sounded pretty desperate and nervous that I ran down the stairs, almost tripping but caught myself. Unfortunately Jake was there and started laughing at me. I glared at him. He took one look at me and immediately sobered up and muttered,

"If looks could kill, iI'd be 6ft under." And walked away. I forced myself to calm down and walked into the living room, where my parents were sitting nervously fiddling with their hands. I immediately took it the wrong way.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped,"What happened!?"

My dad smiled.

"Don't worry! Nothing happened!"

"Then what?" I asked, confused.

"Your father and I have to tell you something important,"She started, "Drake?" She looked desperately at my dad.

"Yeah, what your mom said. We do have to tell you something very important. We all know that your sixteenth birthday is coming up in two weeks," he paused, looking at my mother, Andrea. She nodded her head ever so slightly. My dad started again.

"This is a lot to take in. But you are a-"

He was interrupted my a large night black wolf/beast outside the patio doors.

"Oh!..My!..Gosh!" I gasped, before everything went black.