Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"Blair! Blair! Please! Wake up!"

I could faintly hear my mom telling me to wake up but not matter how much I tried, my eyes wouldn't open. They felt like they weighed a ton. Again, I only faintly heard her say,

"Blair! Please! Please!"

Her voice faded again as I sank back into

unconsciousness.

--Jakes POV. (Blair's older brother.)--

As soon as Blair blacked out when she saw me, I shifted back into human form. My mom and dad had already run over when she saw me and screamed. My dad coughed and handed me a blanket to cover myself. Of course at that moment I could care less about being naked. After all they were my family and we had bigger issues. I politely asked mom to move and told dad to call the pack doctor. I picked Blair up in my arms and carried her up to her room. My mom came in almost right after with a cold, damp cloth on her hands. I was so afraid. I mean I am always the obnoxious older brother but I really cared. Why wouldn't I? I pulled up her desk chair to her bed and say down with her hand in mine. My mom kept repeating over and over again,

"Please Blair! Please! Wake up! Please!"

My dad came in the room and told us the pack doctor is on his way.

I looked back at Blair and sighed. I should have waited a little longer until my dad told me to go in. Then this wouldn't have happened. I snapped back into reality when Blair stirred. Seconds later her eyelids started fluttering. She opened her eyes but quickly closed them when she saw me in just the blanket.

"Jeeze, Jake!"She muttered," Put on some clothes!"

"She's back!"I yelled joyously and gave her a big brother bear hug. When I let go of her so mom and dad could hug her, I noticed she had a smirk on her face and her eyebrow was raised.

"What?" I asked. Still with the smirk on her face, she said,

"Miss me much?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Yeah right. Who would miss you?"

She looked at me with her mouth slightly opened.

"I hate you!" She muttered.

"No, you love your big bro!"

"In your dreams!" She screeched.

"Okay! Okay! Im sorry!"

"Better be!" She said, glaring at me.

Our parents coughed. Blair and I both looked at them.

"We hate to ruin your sister/brother reunion, but we really need to talk about this." My dad said. "Blair, like your mom and I were saying earlier, we are werewolves. And you will shift for your first time on your sixteenth birthday. Another thing is that you will find your mate. I know this is alot to take in but we weren't allowed to tell you until now. Werewolf law."he coughed, uncomfortable, " I am the Alpha, your mom is the Luna and Jake is the future Alpha. We are the Black Brooke pack."

--Blair's POV--

During my dads explanation, everyone looked down. But now they looked at me expectantly.

"Wow." Was all I could muster. This was alot to take in! Werewolves! Mate! First shift! Alphas! So many thoughts and questions were running through my head that I thought I might just black out again. I didn't of course. I decided against asking the questions because I knew that they would be answered eventually. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Dad told whoever it was to come in. It was Dr.Morris. He was our family doctor. He must be the pack doctor! I heard something about the pack doctor when I was going in and out of consciousness. He told me that he was just going to do a checkup then I would have to rest for the rest of the day. Just in case. When he was finished, he talked to my dad outside my door. I tried listening, but the only words I could make out were, "Too early..." And "Rapidly progressing..." A couple minutes later my dad said to get some rest and that we would finish this conversation tomorrow. I nodded my head. I had to admit, I was exhausted. When they left and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.