Chapter 3

Lance followed Keith to a large room. "This is the training deck- this is a bench, you can sit here whilst I train." Keith stated bluntly.

"Oh, errr ok." Lance sat down looking around, the walls were dark, mainly purple and black. Keith started to train as Lance started to wonder around. He walked towards a wall, which was covered in weapons, and started to admire each one.

"Woah, woah, woah, pipsqueak. What do you think you're doing?" Keith asked running towards him.

"Oh I was just- erm looking at the weapons" Lance stuttered nervously, stepping back. "I didn't know I wasn't allowed near them."

"They're sharp and dangerous. You could hurt yourself and if you hurt yourself it's my fault- that's why I said sit." Keith spat through gritted teeth, pointing at the bench. Lance shuffled towards the bench, slumping onto it with a sigh. After a while, Lance got bored and pulled out his book and started to read, lying on the bench upside down.

"Hey! What are you doing?" a voice sudden, but confused shouted. Lance jumped and fell off the bench, lying on the ground with his book over his face. Lance moved his book and looked up to see Keith standing by him, looking over him laughing.

"What's so funny?" He frowned, crossing his arms. Keith crouched down extending his arm to help Lance up. Lance took his hand and stood up. He brushed himself off and sat back down on the bench, crossing one leg over the other. "You're cruel." Lance huffed turning his head away.

"Fine, wanna tour of the rest of the ship or not?" Keith asked, crossing his arms. Lance nodded standing up. "Alright, this way." They both walked out of the training deck and down the hall. They reached a giant door. "This is the bridge-it's where we control the ship, but we're not allowed in there." Keith smiled before skipping off, Lance running behind him, struggling to keep up.

They went all through the ship until they got to one door. "And this is my room." Keith smiled. "Wanna come in and meet my brother?" He asked, smiling.

"Sure!" Lance smiled, following Keith into his room, seeing a small child on the floor playing with an assortment of toys.

"Hey Kaiden! This is Lance the prince of Altea" Keith smiled crouching down. Kaiden looked over his shoulder.

"Hey Lance!" He stood up excitedly. "My name's Kaiden" He extended his hand out for Lance to shake. Lance took it.

"Nice to meet you Kaiden." Lance smiled as Kaiden dragged him towards his toys, Lance sat down next to him as Keith joined them. Lance picked up one that looked like a Galran soldier.

"Every child gets one of these when they are born, to show they are worthy of being a soldier or something like that" Keith spoke gently. Lance looked down at it, smiling. "I'll be right back" Keith whispered walking out of the room. Lance sat and played with Kaiden and they just talked. Just then the door slid open and a tall figure stood in the entrance.

"Keith?" Lance peered at the person. "Kaiden stand up and get behind me." Lance whispered and Kaiden did as he was told. "Who are you?" Lance took out the blade that his sister, Allura gave him. "Stay back." The figure approached slowly, Lance shuffled back "D-don't come any closer" He tried to sound threatening but he was scared. The figure lunged at them and Lance tried to stab him.

The man stabbed Lance in the side, with the sword in his belt and grabbed the blade from lance's hand. He pushed Lance to the ground approaching Kaiden.

"N-no!" Lance spluttered. "Leave him alone!" His voice shook with fear and pain as he tried to drag himself towards Kaiden. The man turned and stabbed Kaiden through the chest, he screamed a deafening scream and the man seemed to disappear through the doorway. Lance crawled towards Kaiden. "Hey, hey, Kaiden?" there was no response. Lance took the blade from his chest and held it in his hand with his other hand on his side, shuffling back as he caught his breath, trying not to panic.

Just then Keith, the blue paladin, Zarkon, Krolia, and two guards walked through the door, Lance spun around in shock. They all stared at him. "I-It's not what it looks like. I-I can explain" Lance stuttered in fear. Krolia and Keith ran up to Kaiden as they called out his name. The blue paladin ran up to Lance and upon seeing the injury, picked him up into his arms. 

"He did this, he must be killed." Krolia spat viciously. Keith stood up.

Lance curled into Blaytz, shivering lightly as he mumbled incoherently. 

"He needs to pay for this." Keith shouted, blade in hand. He ran at the blue paladin, trying to get to Lance but the blue paladin stepped aside. He walked past Zarkon.

"This means war, Zarkon. Someone on this ship has directly attacked the Prince and that's a direct attack against the king and our entire race." Keith ran up and stabbed Blaytz in his lower back. Pushing Keith away, he ran through the halls towards blue. He placed Lance on his chair, crouching next to him. "Blue, auto-pilot to the castle. And fast." Blue shot out of the loading bay and towards the castle as the blue paladin held his hands over the prince's wound. He had passed out on the way to the lion and the blue paladin knew it was urgent.

Alfor, Allura and Coran waited to greet the Prince and the paladin as they got back. Allura smiled, walking forward as she saw Blue land. Blue opened and let the paladin and prince out, before letting out a concerned purr. 

"It'll be alright Blue" the paladin smiled weakly.

Blaytz carried Lance in his arms, taking a deep breath to steady himself as his vision become blurred. He dropped to his knees, holding Lance tighter so he didn't fall. Allura and Coran ran up to them and Alfor followed cautiously. She gasped, covering her mouth before grabbing Lance's hand.

"Lance?! Is he okay what happened?" Allura asked, her voice laced with concern.

"There was some sort of attack, he needs a healing pod and quick." the paladin explained through shakey breathes. "Please. Take him"

Coran ran off to get a healing pod set up, as Alfor hurriedly took Lance in his arms. They all ran towards the medical bay, Blaytz trailing behind them as fast as he can. Alfor placed the prince into a pod and closed it. Coran turned it on.

Allura stood in front of it, crying as Alfor stood by her and comforted her. Blaytz stayed by the door, using the frame to hold himself up.

"It'll be alright little one. It'll be alright." Alfor reassured.

"Is he going to be alright?" Blaytz asked as Coran walked over to him.

"He should be fine, hopefully, if all goes well." He scanned the paladin with a troubled look. "Paladin are you sure you're alright? You don't look well at all." Coran asked, cautiously.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine, just worried..." he mumbled, wiping the back of his hand across his forehead. "I think the lil' one must have nicked me" he turned slightly, slipping.

Coran caught him "Come on, let's get you to a pod" he sighed, helping Blaytz walk to the pod. He closed it, turning it on with a sigh.

"What in the hell went down over there" he muttered to himself.