Chapter 15

T/W- heavy topics
(A/N I'm putting a warning on this as it deals with death and loss/losing a loved one.)

Keith watched everyone leave as he walked to Krolia. He sat next to her quietly before muttering a quiet apology.

"No need to apologise son, I think I'm the one who needs to apologise...you care for him. Don't you?" Krolia sighed, glancing down at him.

Keith nodded, looking down at his hands. Krolia sat down and cautiously took his hand causing him to look up at her.

"He'll be okay, he's in good hands" she smiled softly.

"I hate to see him like this...I just wish I could help in some way. It seems so far I've just been completely useless"

"Well, why don't you go to him. Give him company, I'll be fine here with the overgrown paladin." She smiled as Keith giggled slightly.

"Okay, see you later mom" he smiled at her before getting up and running out.

~~~~~

I'm back in this place again. It's dark but these strange light particles floated around me like fireflies, dancing delicately. I smile as a figure appears before me.

"Momma!" I get up and hug her and she hugs back. "You're back. I missed you so much" my breathing hitches as I relax slightly "Why did you have to go?"

"You should know that I would never leave you. Sometimes you can't control when people are taken from us and that's okay, you know why?" She asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Because we'll always be right here. In your hearts"

She placed a hand on my chest as I closed my eyes, a feeling of warmth surrounding me. She dissapeared.

"Can you feel me Lance? I'll always be with you. The sudden feeling of warmth and safety when you are feeling low. The slight breeze that brushes past your ears and ruffles your clothes when you get a spring in your step. I'm always there, watching over you" she reappeared infront of me and we sat down.

"I love you momma"

"I love you too, my dear child"

I felt tears settle in my eyes and spill over my cheeks as I look up at my mother's warming smile. My body shook as white light flowed through the veins in my hands.

"I-I'm scared..." I whimper, shaking slightly. "Help, momma. I'm scared. I don't know what to do"

Everything lit up around me, pushing the darkness away. Pure white light flowed from me and filled the air as I cried, rubbing frantically at my eyes in an attempt to stop the tears. The comfort the darkness brought was soon replaced by the wicked chill of the light. It scared me. It seemed uncontrollable and dangerous but flowed like a steady river. It soon whipped through the air like a hurricane, destroying any positive feeling and thought. My mom disappeared, her image ripped apart by the light.

~~~~~

Bright white light flowed from Lance, swirling around him as his Altean marks glowed brightly. Coran stepped back, pulling Alfor with him as it started speed up.