Chapter 7

Galra
Krolia ran around the ship. "Keith?" She shouted "Keith? Where are you? Come here now!" Krolia called out but had no reply. "Where are you?" She muttered to herself walking into the bridge. "You called?"

Zarkon turned around to face her. "Krolia dear, I need to show you something." He pulled a video up on the screen of the loading bay. "The Alteans destroyed our ships but there's something you need to know," Zarkon said, placing a hand on her shoulder, slowly facing her towards the screen. "This ship here was the ship that got destroyed."

The video showed Keith sneaking onto one of the ships. Krolia covered her mouth in shock before slowly backing out, tears in her eyes.

"I-I've got to go" she ran out and towards the loading bay. She stole a ship and input the last known coordinates of the destroyed ship. "They won't get away with killing both of my babies...they'll pay" she snarled, flying off as a few galra soldiers reached her pod.

Alteans
Lance walked towards Coran, using the bed for support. "C-Coran, please don't. He'll hurt Keith, he won't understand" Lance pleaded, stumbling as Coran caught him.

"We need to, only he'll know what to do" Coran sighed.

"N-no. Wh...what about Allura?" Lance begged. "Please, I don't want to tell father yet." Coran nodded, sitting Lance on his bed.

"I'll go find Allura" Coran smiled, before leaving the room. Keith sat next to him on the end of the bed.

"Hey, you alright bud?" Keith asked, worry in his eyes. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "This sounds serious". Lance brushed his hand off his shoulder.

"I'm fine. The king doesn't need to be involved in this. I just need Allura" Lance huffed, crossing his arms over his stomach. "I just need my big sis..." The door whooshed open as Allura and Coran stepped in.

"Lance! Hey, you alright Lancelot?" Allura questioned running towards him. She knelt down in front of him as Coran stepped in, closing the door.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired" Lance smiled, sitting on the floor with Allura. Keith couldn't help but notice Coran glaring at him, so he sat on the chair on the other side of the room.

Allura hugged him and whispered in his ear "why is he here?" Lance pulled out of the hug.

"We worked it out, he's actually alright." Lance smiled, standing up and stumbling slightly. Allura supported him as they made their way over to Keith. They sat on the bed next to the chair. "Hey Keith, this is my big sister Allura, Allura this is Keith" Allura smiled holding out her hand cautiously.

"Nice to meet you, Keith," Allura said. Keith shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you too I guess" Keith replied. Lance's smile faded, Keith noticed. "Hey what's up bud?" Keith stood up, placing a hand on his shoulder, Lance shook his head.

"I-I'm fine" Lance muttered, standing up and pushing through Keith and Allura. "I'll be right back" He stumbled again, before running out the door. He ran through the hallways to the blue lion's hanger. It was empty but the airlock was closed. Lance sat against a wall, leaning against some kind of box, sighing.

Galra

Krolia got to the castle, just as the blue and yellow lion flew out of their hangers, shooting at her. She swerved through the beams, shooting at the castle. She just managed to shoot an explosive at it, before the particle barrier was raised.

"This is what you get for murdering both of my sons you insolent race, I hope you die off and suffer for thousands of years to come" She sent a message to the paladins as she saw the fiery explosion, before getting hit and flying off.

She got back to the main ship and crashed into the loading bay. She slowly got out as Zarkon and a few soldiers ran towards her.

"Jesus Christ Krolia. What are you doing! You're going to get yourself killed." Zarkon shouted. Krolia pushed past him.

"Well, I'm not dead yet. I'll try harder next time." She grunted walking out of the loading bay. Zarkon sighed.

"Make sure there's a guard outside her room at all times and notify me if she leaves and where she's heading to." He rubbed his eyes. "This woman is more trouble than she's worth." The soldiers left and Zarkon followed shortly after.

Alteans

Blue and yellow flew back to their hangers in a panic. As blue landed and the airlock closed, Blaytz noticed Lance in the corner of the hanger, asleep. Luckily the blast was on the other side of the castle. Coran and Allura's panicked voices came loud over the comms. Blaytz smiled, picking Lance up in his arms.

"What was that explosion? Does anyone know the cause? Where's Lance?" Coran panicked.

"Don't worry I have Lance here. I'm coming to the bridge now, I'll explain with Gyrgan" Blaytz called over the comms and heard a sigh of relief in reply. He walked through the doors into the bridge as they all stood up.

"What happened? Is he okay?" Allura came rushing towards him. Blaytz chuckled.

"He's fine, the poor fella was probably all tuckered out. I found him asleep in Blue's hanger." He smiled, lying him down on the floor and Coran lay his jacket over him. "He'll be alright." They all sat on the floor, next to Lance. "I should explain what the explosion was. This single galra fighter jet came out of nowhere and started to attack the castle, me and Gyrgan tried our best but somehow they managed to shoot an explosive before the barrier was completely up." He shook his head sighing. " They also sent a message." He played the message for them and they became shocked, before sharing a look.

"Thanks, Blaytz. I'll take Lance to his room so he doesn't panic when he wakes up." Coran sighed, picking Lance up as Allura followed him. "See ya Blaytz."

When they got to Lance's room Keith was asleep on the bed. They decided not to disturb him, but lay Lance next to him, tucking him in.

"Goodnight sweet Prince," Coran whispered, kissing his forehead and giving him his teddy. "Goodnight Keith" he whispered pulling the blanket over him. "We better go check on the castle and get some rest." Allura nodded and they left. Allura went to her room, saying 'she'll check on Lance and Keith later'.

Coran went to where the explosion happened and found King Alfor, sitting on the floor against the wall, rubbing his eyes. "Is this really worth it?" Alfor sighed.

"What do you mean Alfor?" Coran asked, sitting next to him.

"All this war and pain. I mean if we give up, then they won't attack anymore. If I say it was me who killed the boy, then we can end this." Alfor looked towards Coran. "I just can't do this anymore, Coran."

"It'll be okay, we can keep fighting until the war is won. We'll do it. If that means killing them all in battle or coming to peace terms somehow, then we'll do it." Coran smiled sadly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We'll figure this out together like we always do. Let's work together like old times. Okay?" Alfor smiled.

"You always know how to cheer me up, Coran. Thank you for always being there and being so patient." Alfor placed his hand on Corans, lying his head on top. They sat there, just enjoying the blissful peace that made it's way around them.

"You should get some rest Sire" Coran whispered, standing up. He offered his hand to Alfor.

"You too Coran, you work too hard for us" Alfor took his hand, standing up. 

"Anything for you Sire" he smiled before walking off. "See you in the morning"

Alfor took one last look at the hole before heading to bed and for one short night, the castle was still and quiet.