Chapter 10

Lance walked into the room to see Pidge messing with devices, building and taking them apart, with Sadie watching patiently.

"Hey, Pidge..." Lance began, taking a deep breath. "How ya feeling?" He spoke softly, Sadie smiled at him before leaving the room. Pidge shifted slightly, placing the thing she was working on, on the floor.

"Hey, Lance" she replied quietly, without moving. It was silent and still for a good 5 minutes before Pidge stood up, moving to be toe to toe with Lance. "Why are you here? You should be at home," she said, a slight venom in her voice.

"I could say the same thing about you," Lance stated, staring down at her "or did you get banished again?" Lance spat with a glare. Pidge glared back.

"Shut up, you're the one who ran away from the King and stole his bargaining chip." Pidge huffed, sitting back down. Lance gave Keith a reassuring smile before sitting down next to Pidge.

"What happened, you can talk to me." Lance smiled, placing a hand on her shoulder. Pidge sighed looking at Lance

"Don't tell Hunk, I don't want him to worry," Pidge said. Lance nodded as Keith sat down, staying close to the door. "Well, I was working on a project, you know to help the Olkari, and it went really wrong and they got really mad." she looked up at Lance. Lance was deep in thought.

"We have to tell Hunk, he's already really worried about you" Lance sighed, looking towards Keith. "Come here, I want you to meet someone." He smiled, as they both shuffled towards Keith.

"So this is Keith?" Pidge smirked, looking up at him holding out a hand. "The name's Pidge, nice to meet you" She smiled as Keith shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you too." he smiled.

"Come on then, let's go explain to Hunk why you're here and discuss how long you need to stay." Lance stood up helping Keith up and offering a hand to Pidge.

Pidge nodded grabbing Lance's hand and pulling herself up. They walked out of the room and into the kitchen. Sadie was sat at the table with Xeo, cradled in Shay's arm, all smiling. Hunk was at the cooker, cooking something and Rax was messing with something in the corner of the room, probably guns.

Pidge sat at the table as Lance approached Hunk with Keith. He placed a hand on his shoulder, a sad smile playing on his lips.

"Hey, bud. Pidge is ready to talk if you want." Lance looked down after seeing Hunk's worried face, thinking slightly. "After dinner of course," He smiled as Hunk smiled at him.

"Okay then. Can you help me test taste?" Hunk asked as Lance smiled widely, nodding. He ate a lump of meat.

"Perfect, as always" They laughed before heading to the table as Hunk served the stew. Lance looked towards Keith, making sure he was alright. "You okay, Keith?" Lance leaned towards him, making the conversation slightly more private.

"Yeah, just tired." He mumbled starting to eat, Lance smiled at him softly, eating as well.

Alteans

Alfor sat at the table for the second sleepless night in a row. He stared down at the many pieces of paper that covered the table. He stood with a sigh, heading towards the window. As he stared out of the window into the black sea, he heard a knock at the door. He ignored it, in hopes whoever was on the other side would just leave. Coran appeared, timidly walking in. Coran walked slowly towards the king, standing next to him. They stood like this for a while, sinking into the silence. Eventually, Coran spoke.

"Sire, you need to rest...I know you miss Lance and you're worried, but you'll be no good like this." Coran said, placing a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged Coran's hand off of his shoulder, walking to face away from him. Coran froze, his arm still in the air, before dropping it to his side.

"You don't understand, Coran. I thought I lost him once, I can't go through that again." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I just need to find him, then I'll rest." He sat down as Coran stood by the window, the dark bags under his eyes, contrasting his pale skin. He rubbed his face, crouching next to Alfor.

"Sire. You need to sleep." He stated, with a slight glare. "I will look for Lance, he trusts me. Just take a break. I know Lance, he's like the son I never had...Please, just rest" Coran urged, hesitantly placing a hand on his shoulder.

Alfor stood up as Coran quickly stood up too, moving out of his way. Coran looked down at the floor as Alfor walked towards him. Alfor pulled Coran into a tight hug. Coran froze before hugging him back.

"Thanks, Coran. You do a lot for this family and I'm so grateful for that." Alfor sighed, placing his hands on Coran's shoulders, so he could see his face. "I know you'll do anything for Lance, and me. Thank you so much." He placed a hand on Coran's head, walking out. Coran stood in the center of the room, looking out of the window.

"Where are you, young Prince? I hope you're okay, where ever you are..." Coran sighed walking out to talk to the paladins.

Galra

Lotor walked into the bridge where Zarkon was talking to a few guards. As he approached him he realized he was standing with Krolia. He let out a small cough as Zarkon told everyone to leave.

"So, the deal has been made, but we may have to postpone the ceremony until further notice," Lotor stated flicking his hair over his shoulder, placing a hand on his hip.

"And why is that?" Zarkon asked slightly annoyed, stepping forward as Lotor backed up slightly.

"Well, the Prince has run away and some new information has come to light." Lotor sighed as Zarkon moved to the railing leaning against it. "The young boy, Keith, has been found alive helping the Prince escape...in the Blue Lion."

Zarkon sighed slightly, looking up at Lotor. "Work this out, don't let Krolia know...I don't want her complicating things further..." Zarkon tapped the railing in thought, before turningt o Lotor with a smirk "and find me that Prince, that'll speed things up nicely." He laughed, slightly maliciously, as Lotor walked out.