The Unexpected Guest

Knock knock knock

I paused the t.v. to listen what the noise what, but heard nothing. I pressed play again, but heard the knocking noise again and this time I knew where it was coming from. I checked the time and saw it was 9 o'clock in the evening.

Who would be here at this time, I thought. I got up and walked to the door and saw non other than Ella herself. "What do you want?" I answered harshly. 

She smiled and pushed her way into my house, "I just wanted to see how my future wife is doing."

Future wife? "Well I was fine until you showed up and I'm not going to be your future wife. I don't even love you." I said bluntly.

She just rolled her eyes," You will love me one day and then we'll get married." 

I sighed," you have a crazy imagination." She smiled and skipped her way to the couch and sat down.

"So what are we watching?" She asked looking at the t.v. I walked to the t.v. and turned it off, "We are not watching anything, because I'm going to bed." She made a pouty face and leaned towards the coffee table where she grabbed the remote, and turned the t.v. back on. "Come on just one movie and then I'll leave." She begged. Sounds like a fair deal.

"Fine." I said. She smiled a huge smile and patted the spot next to her. It'll be too crowded if I sit there. I turned out the lights and walked over to the other end of the couch and sat down. Once I was situated, I heard shuffling noises and looked to my left and saw Ella snuggling up to me. 

"What are you doing?" I asked.

 "Just getting comfortable, now lets watch a movie." I grabbed the remote and turned it to a movie, It.

"Hey where's your parents by the way?" She asked interrupting the movie.

 "They're already in bed asleep, they had a long day. Now can you stop asking questions and watch the movie." 

 "You're so mean Ava." She then snuggled up next to me and continued to watch the movie.

During the middle of the movie I noticed Ella jumping on some scenes, I think she's happy or scared. She then lifted up my arm and wrapped it around herself while she snuggled against me, laying her head on my chest.

"Ella your hair is in my face and it's bothering me." I said blowing her hair out of my face and off my mouth.

"I don't want to move, you're too comfy and this movie is scary." So she was scared. I looked at the screen, while a killing scene was occurring, "I don't think it is."

"Well it is for me, now let me lay here, so you can protect me."

I sighed, "Fine."

The movie finally came to an end, which means Ella can finally go home and I can go to sleep. 

"Ella you can get off me now." I said, but she didn't respond. "Ella?" I said poking her arm, but again she didn't respond. I tried getting up, but she snaked her arms around my waist, not allowing me to move. I guess I'm sleeping here tonight. I turned off the t.v. and laid down as comfortably as I can on the couch, while Ella was now laying practically on top of me. She's kinda heavy, but for some reason this feels....nice.

I lifted up my hand and put it around around Ella. I don't know why I did that. But it felt right.

After a while I fell asleep.

***********

"Hey Ava wake up It's morning." I opened my eyes and saw Ella inches away from my face poking my cheek. She then smiled as she saw my eyes open," Good morning Ava."