Study Date

"Ella you're being quiet today?" I asked as we were sitting in the sandbox in front of my house.

She ignored what I said and looked at me with dead eyes, "I don't think I wanna play with you anymore or be your wife." She said which took me by surprise. 

"Why?" I asked looking at her.

She got up fixing to leave, "Why do you care? It's not like you ever cared in the first place. Right?" After her reply she turned around and walked away, leaving me sitting there by myself.

"Why do I care?"

*********

"So how are doing in your classes, because I'm.. not doing so well?" Camren asked me as she was looking at her grade report sighing. 

"I'm the top of my classes, so unlike you I don't have to worry." I answered bluntly, while smirking at her.

She glared at me, "Well aren't you smart?" I just shrugged my shoulders as I sat in my desk sketching a picture for my art assignment that's due tomorrow.

Once I was done I looked back up at Camren who continued sitting there stressing over her grades.

Getting fed up of watching her whining I asked, "how bad are your grades?" She looked at me laughing nervously and handed me her paper slowly.

I grabbed it and looked it over. She has 4 AP classes, an RA hour, a free hour and then p.e. She's doing fine as an RA and in p.e., but in her other classes, her grades range from low C's to high F's. How did she even get in AP classes?

"How do you let your grades get this low in two and a half weeks?" I asked. 

She half smiled and shrugged her shoulders, "It's a talent of mine I guess." She said jokingly. 

"No it's stupidity." I said bluntly, handing her paper back.

She took it and looked at me, "I'm not stupid it's just that the work here is harder and different than the work I've been doing at my other school." I watched her looking depressed again, "I can't show my mom this. Is there a way for you to help me?" She asked looking at me with pleading eyes.

"No. I don't like tutoring." I said in a frank tone. 

"Please?" She begged. 

"No." 

"Pretty please?" 

"No." If I already said no twice what makes her think I'll say yes the third time.

She then got up and yelled, "PLEEEASE!" Her yell scared everyone in the class including the teacher, but all he did was sigh, rub his temples then popped ibuprofen in his mouth. I turned and looked at Camren who was still screaming please.

"Ok fine. Just stop yelling." I said feeling annoyed, just like everyone else in class.

She shut her mouth immediately and had a smug look on her face, "thanks." Did she just trick me? The bell rang and everyone got up leaving for there next class. 

"So let's meet up after school at that coffee place in town." She said getting up still smiling. I sat there staring at her, not sure what to say, because I've never been tricked. I may have been convinced to do things, but not tricked. "Are you coming?" She asked me as she was waiting for me by the door.

I got up grabbing my things and followed her out of the room. She's interesting, I thought to myself , smirking.

**********