vi

LILAC  

I told him that I won't wear it pero right now I'm here in the front row, wearing a #9 J. Lee shirt. At least hindi pa 'ko napapansin ni Jeno or nila Mark dahil aasarin na naman kami. Napakalakas pa naman nung boses nilang dalawa ni Jaemin.

The starting lineup of DLSU includes Lee Jeno, Wong Yukhei, Lee Taeyong, Jung Jaehyun and Mark Lee. They are the pillars of the Green Archers because of their experience in the past sa juniors division and sa Palarong Pambansa din. Yung tipong kung kumpleto sila, they're unstoppable. Lalo na si Lucas na center nila, followed by Taeyong. They're better than the Tigers, I admit, pero may laban naman kami!

The second best after La Salle is their opponents todayㅡAteneo de Manila University. Their lineup includes Daniel Kang, Kent Lai, Maxwell Hwang, Jerome Park and Sandrick Ong. They have the tallest center, Kent, and the best blocker, Jerome out of all the teams. They're exceptional individually, especially the two mentioned earlier and Daniel since lumaban na din sila Palarong Pambansa. Daniel used to be an MVP there nung lumaban siya, Jerome was the second player with the most assists and Kent was the third player who scored the most. The first person who has the most assists and also the second person with the most points was Lucas, first is Daniel. Fun fact, anyway, Maxwell used to be a Growling Tiger. Baka ayaw na niya sa color yellow kaya nag-asul na lang siya.

The Eagles are worthy foes for the Archers, and the Archers are worthy foes for the Eagles. That's why Lucas invited me today, I think. Kapag naman kasi sa tingin niya easy lang yung kalaban niya, 'di na siya nagyayaya. Pero iba 'to. AdMU 'to.

I entertained the people asking for a selfie while waiting for the game to start. Hindi naman sila marami, konti lang. Besides, the coliseum was filled with DLSU and AdMU's fans, not UST's. It's actually surprising that they even know me, I'm from the volleyball team and they're watching a basketball match! Nevertheless, masaya naman. It's kind of heartwarming whenever I entertain fans. Having another reason to play aside from your university, your family and your pride is nice.

Napansin ko naman agad na lumalapit sa'kin ang isang commentator kaya ngumiti agad ako. "Nanonood din ngayon ang isa sa pinakasikat sa UAAP Women's Volleyball! Ms. Lilac, para kanino ka nanood ngayong araw na 'to?" tanong niya.

"I'm cheering for La Salle today, especially for my friend, Lucas, who invited me in the first place. Since it'll surely be a good match, I think missing it would be awful!" sagot ko. Tumango naman siya at nagtanong muli.  "Thank you, Ms. Lilac! And yeah, narinig mo na siguro ang tungkol sa mga rumors sa inyo ni Jeno, from La Salle. You even wore his shirt today, pwede ba naming malaman kung bakit?" At that moment, I saw Lucas laughing in a corner and the anticipation in the eyes of the fans watching me. Damn, what can I say. . .

"Jeno told me to wear it, actually. We're good friends and I guess showing my support to him isn't bad," sagot ko na lang at nakita ko na naman sa gilid ng mga mata ko si Lucas na patuloy pa ding tumatawa. Siraulo talaga!

"Thank you, Ms. Lilac! I hope you're preparing well for your last season this year, we're rooting for you!"

I mouthed thank you to the commentator as the focus shifted on the players. Agad namang pinakita si Jeno na nags-stretching, pero kita talaga si Lucas sa likod na tumatawa kaya napatawa din ang mga nasa coliseum. Lakas talaga ng tama nito.

The game started with a low-scoring quarter. Sobrang seryoso nilang lahat, as if they all waited for this day all their life. Paulit-ulit mang makuha ni Lucas ang bola, makukuha naman ito ng kabila. Specifically, Jerome. 1st quarter, 4-3, La Salle leading. Bumaba ako sa pwesto ko habang time out pa at binigyan ng tuwalya si Jeno. Nasa bench siya ngayon, napagod siya masyado. Of course, it's been a while too - battling with Kent. Ang alam ko may some sort of beef sila before but I'm not interested.

Maybe just a little bit!

"Magpahinga ka muna," sambit ko nang napansin kong binuka niya ang bibig niya para magsalita. Ngumiti siya at bumaling na lang sa laro ulit.

Wait, what was that? A smile?

Damn, he looks amazing.

"Lilac, can you shout 'puoi farlo' when I come back to the court?" tanong niya sa'kin at tumango naman ako, kahit naguguluhan ako. "I don't know what that means, though," sabi ko at winagayway niya lang ang kamay niya sa harap ko.

"Just do it and you'll see," sabi niya at bumalik na sa court.

Noong 2nd half bumalik si Jeno, when AdMU was leading by 3. He looks really serious today, like extra serious. And I felt like I'll disappoint him if I don't do his favor, and that's horrible for me. Noong hawak na niya ang bola at pumunta siya sa three-point line, agad akong tumayo at sumigaw ng, "Puoi farlo!"

And there. Shoot.

He quickly glanced at me and mouthed, 'I got this.' Well, I don't know what the hell it means but puoi farlo, Jeno.

Due to Jeno's impact, they weakened AdMU's defense causing several timeouts. Now, La Salle's all fired up and they're unstoppable.

When arrows fly, eagles die.