lx

(   LILAC   )

I nervously took off my UST jacket, and stared at the crowd watching me today. Jeno got my eyes immediately, of course. I have to win this. For my university. For the tigresses. For him.

When the reporter came to me for an interview, I immediately flashed a smile before I listened to her questions. "Lilac, anong ginawa among preparations dahil sa bagong-bagong lineup ng La Salle?" tanong niya at sumagot naman ako, "Compared to their last lineup, I kind of learned their patterns, although not very accurate. Now that I don't know anything about those, I just practiced and practiced. Besides, I believe in my team that we'll carry on no matter what the situation is."

Nagpasalamat naman siya at bumalik na ulit sa court. As we started warming up, I prayed silently. I need to win this game. I can't lose when Jeno's watching.

Tinawag ko ang mga teammates ko para sa isang cheer at isa-isa na nga kaming tinawag.

La Salle's starters are Soojin, Shuhua, Soyeon, Miyeon, Minnie and Yuqi (L). The only member here na nasa dating lineup ng DLSU is Soyeon, their current captain. Doyeon, Chaeyeon, Jieqiong and Nayoung graduated ㅡ Somi transferred to UP.

Hindi ko alam kung paano sila umatake, that's why this one's a match na sobrang strikto ko sa depensa. I told them our strategy and told them to risk the first few minutes of the set to learn their patterns.

They started calling our names, and we went to our said positions on the court. I am in the front row, where I can see my opponents clearer. They got the 1st technical timeout which we all expected. I noticed how Soojin always marks my libero, how Minnie turns her body in the opposite way to find a way to distract my blockers, how Shuhua always aims at me and everything else. Now I have a perfect plan, all that's left is a perfect execution.

We swiftly swept their feet, winning 3 sets in a row. They looked defeated and sad, and I immediately hugged Soyeon after. Kumpara sa lahat ng manlalaro sa UAAP, she went through a lot the most.

Nang matapos na lahat ng interview at nakauwi na din lahat ng mga manonood, Jeno told me to stay until he comes back kaya naman umupo ako sa gilid until everything went black.

The place was lit up with stars after, at sobrang ganda niya. No kidding, I felt like I was in space itself. And then I heard that one familiar tune I've been listening to these days ㅡ RBB! I saw Jeno's team waving at me as they went into their positions. Damn, I can't believe this. They're dancing to RBB!

When the dance stopped, I felt Taeyeon's songs playing in the background and there, Jeno stood. The stars scattered on the arena all focused on him suddenly, and he went in front of me. "You come up in my heart, like this," he sang, and I felt my eyes getting wet.

He took a box, opened it and it showed me a necklace, with the letter L on it.

"I'm not the best, Lilac. You know that. But can you promise me that. . . that. . . you'll never give up on me?" tanong niya at ibinigay ko naman ang kamay ko.

If you hold it, you already know that I'm not going to give up on you, I thought to myself. And as if by cue, Jeno held my hand and caressed it dearly.

With teary eyes, I nodded as a response to his request. He took the necklace and placed it on my neck, and it looked like as if it belonged there. I love him so, so much. I'm not going to give him up. Ever. Not on this lifetime and in my next.

"I love you so damn much, Lilac. Don't forget," he whispered and I nodded once again. "I will never forget, Jeno," I whispered back and hugged him tight.

His friends cheered for the two of us and I can't just help but to smile. Finally, my happy ending. I'm not going to end this with a broken promise.