Part 12

Mark drifted in and out as he tried to wake up. Above him the world rushed by with bright lights every few feet. There were people around him in lab coats, shouting loudly to each other, but he was only catching bits and pieces of their conversation. Something about not being followed. Something about quarantine and getting something into containment. He felt like he was moving in slow motion compared to everything around him. He turned his head to try and find something that wasn't moving so fast to focus on. Noticing then that he was on a hospital gurney. He was starting to drift off again, when he saw a bunch of iron doors. Some were stained in blood. Others had massive holes or dents like something tried to break out. Beyond the voices of the people pushing the gurney, he could faintly hear screaming and the roaring of different things. 

Drifting out again, he awake sometime later in a cement room with a solid Iron door. Sitting up, he groggily looked around, flexing his fixed shoulder as a man told him calmly. "Good evening, Mr. Fischbach. We are so glad that you pulled through. It was touch and go for quite awhile. Those darts pack a powerful punch for humans". Mark ran a hand through his hair, grumbling out seriously. "Where is Sean"? The man jotted something down on his clipboard from his seat in the corner, avoiding the question as he stated on. "Now since you will be staying with us for some time. You should know that you will be treated to three meals a day and will be given meds to help you sleep. It gets kind of loud here at night. For your safety you are restricted to this room and-". Mark cut the man off to snap out a bit louder. "Where is Sean?! Where am I"?!

The man lowered his clipboard to look him in the eyes, stating calmly. "You are not privy to that information. You are our guest. Now, I'm afraid we couldn't allow you to have any of you belongings. So, I hope you find you new clothes comfortable". Mark gritted his teeth. This man wasn't even human. It was an android. A very realistic looking android... but what gave it away was the glowing barcode on its neck and those bright green eyes. Glancing down at himself, he saw the hospital t-shirt and pants that they had put on him at some point. The android got up and Mark launched to his feet, yelling out. "What is going on?! Why am I here"?! The android hugged the clipboard to his chest, cheerfully stating back. "You were right, Mr. Fischbach. You do have value to us... For now. I suggest you get comfortable".

The android opened the heavy iron door and Mark risked a break for it. Shoving the android to the floor, he ran out into the hallway and hesitated. Both sides of the cement tunneled hallway seemed to go on forever. On both sides of the tunnel, going on forever, were so many iron doors with names written in white paint. Mark chose to run to the left as fast as he could, when an alarm began to blare. The hallway lights turned red and all the iron doors were suddenly dead bolted shut. Mark continued to run as fast as he could, hoping to find an exit. Then in the flashing red light a large dog stepped out of the shadows. Its eyes where a solid neon green and its teeth were bared to reveal rows of sharp teeth. Along its back were spikes that lead to a split tail that snapped like whips behind it. Mark skidded to a halt as the beast growled at him.

The beast stepped forward and its legs lit up in burning flames. From one of the door slotted windows an eerie voice hissed out excitedly. "The Hellhound got out again". The hellhound dashed for Mark and Mark ran back in the opposite direction with everything he had. As fast as he was, the hellhound wasn't even breaking a sweat. The hellhound snapped at Mark's ankle, causing Mark to misstep and tumble to the cold floor. The hellhound walked menacingly up to him and Mark raised his hand, preparing to get bitten. The hellhounds muzzle drew close to his arm about to bite, when it suddenly let out a soft whine. Mark didn't move. He was afraid too. The hellhound's long forked tongue licked his wrist and sat down, wagging its two tails excitedly. Mark glanced at his wrist curiously, seeing the black vein pulse. The hellhound tilted its head to the side, letting out another whine. Mark cautiously reached out to touch the hellhound's head.