2

(edited)

My baby girl grew without her dad...

It isn't that hard to deal with but sometimes, it is, like when she would ask me who is her dad.

Right now I'm going through her baby album and now I'm crying.

I taught my baby to be strong always.

Yea she found love again after dad passed away

Yea she found love again after dad passed away. Unlike me, ever since Xavier pushed me away, I never went to another man, because I love him and also I don't want my daughter to grow up seeing a next man, for now at least.

Xavier and I met about eight years back. I can never forget the night...

 I was alone, walking home from Prayer meeting. I normally walk home with mom, but she was out of town, spending some time with her sister, my aunt, the only family she had left apart from me after dad passed two weeks ago.

He was already buried, but everything was still so fresh, so she left to clear her head. I wasn't against it at all, I was the one who suggested it. He was a good father and husband.

Shaking my head , I continued my walk. I didn't live really far away, was just a half an hour walk and I had already completed half the journey.

It wasn't long before that my phone beeped, I stopped and checked it.

' hey sweetie, I hope you are doing well, I'm still sorry I left for a while, I'll try to be back as quickly as possible. love always'-mom

I smiled at it before quickly replying

' hey mom, yes I'm fine and I hope you are too. Everything is alright here take your time, I love you too'

I was about to continue walking when I saw a sleek black Mercedes Benz pulled up on the sidewalk near to me.

Instantly the windows were being wined down , I was getting ready to sprint when I heard a voice call out to me, begging me to stop, so I did.

"how can I be of assistance sir? " I asked politely but I was still trying to figure out whether I should run or not.

"I'm lost, sorry to be a bother but could you please spare me a minute of your time?" he asked, voice laced with honey but still sounded deep and sexy, if that was possible.

"uh- yes, sure" I stuttered and mentally face palmed, embarrassed .

"it's really dark outside mind coming in for a bit?" I still couldn't see his face " I promise, i'm harmless" he added for reassurance.

"let me be frank, I really don't trust you, so could you remove the keys ?"

"sure" and he did right after unlocking the door for me.

I stepped in.

"Thank you again, as I was saying I was on my way..." he continued talking about his journey and how he ended up here in the middle of the night. I know for sure that he was exaggerating some parts of his journey, which got me to laugh at intervals.

Wanting to see who this lost guy was I turned on my phone light and boy was i pleased . He was handsome, jet black hair with crystal blue eyes ,smooth skin and perfect teeth. He looked just a little bit older than me but I really didn't mind.

He was wearing a black tux which I would assume because he was at a charity ball according to his story.

He didn't say anything to me, but he did surprise me when he switched on the car lights. He took a gasp and I felt heat rise up to my cheeks quickly . he began smiling and I must say he looked even better.

///

Sigh, from there we began going out, he'd visit church with me and I go out on dates with him. It quickly became one year when he finally proposed and we got married.

Then it quickly came to the next year in which he ordered me to leave..

Life did take a big turn, sadly it was when I was least expecting it.

Thanks for Reading.

.