5

It's 12

It's 12.57pm and I am walking towards the coffee shop with Nico. I barely slept at night, still doubting my decision.

"Dadda!" Nico exclaims when he sees Elijah.

"Hi." I say softly. I let Nico down and he walks towards Elijah.

"Look at my big boy. You are walking great Nico." Nico smiled and Elijah put him in his lap. We ordered our drinks.

"Okay Elijah about my decision. I am willing to give you a chance. But please do know I need a slow pace, to know I can completely trust you."

"Thank you Pearl. I understand and I will give you all the time you need." He placed his palm over mine on table. I guess this was okay, even nice. It was Elijah who broke the silence.

"Can I ask you out on a date tonight? I am aware we have work tomorrow, we would just go to theater at 5pm and be back by 7.30ish so you could prepare Nico and all."

"Okay. I just have to find someone to babysit Nico." I think out loud.

"That won't be needed. The theater has babycare." Of course he thought in advance.

"Oh okay." This time it was Nico to interrupt.

"Dadda hungy."

"Okay big boy. Let's order you something to eat. Are you hungry too Pearl?"

"Maybe a little. Let me just order for Nico and I will eat with him."

"Nonsense. Let's go somewhere proper to eat."

"We could go to our home. I cooked lunch before we came here. If you are hungry too Elijah, you can join us."

I told him that in casual tone so he won't get any ideas.

"If it is really okay with you I would love to join you." We paid, well he paid and then walked towards Nico and my apartment. Since it's only 5 minute walk. As I prepare table, Elijah is watching Nico.

"You two have really lovely apartment."

"I know it's not much. And with my job we could afford more, but I like it and Nico does too." We just sat at table. My dinner table is small too. So Elijah is sitting opposite of me and Nico is on side between the two of us. I started to feed Nico.