27

I woke up this Sunday with smile on my face

I woke up this Sunday with smile on my face. Elijah's hands were wrapped around me and I was pregnant with two little gems.

Of course my mood was ruined when I saw another dreadful email.

From: Jake.Hayes@ceo.com
Subject: Son
Body: As said in previous email I will contact you when I am back and well now I am back from my business trip. If you want this to go nicely, we can meet today at a coffee shop on Oxsten Street. Be there at 11am. If not you know what will happen.

I sigh and go to take a shower. I know we signed the contract and all but I never know what he has up his sleeves. He is like a hyena, always finds a way to get what he wants.

I seriously don't know what I saw in him all those years ago.

After long comforting shower I dress up and go to our bedroom to find Elijah sitting on the bed looking frustrated and angry.

"Elijah? Is everything alright?"

"You are asking me this? You tell me?!" Last question he almost shouted and I flinched. I look at his hand and see that he has that awful email open. I am not mad he went through my phone, since I have nothing to hide and I know I can go through his. I am just sad he didn't asked me calmly first. But maybe these are just pregnancy hormones.

"Elijah. Please calm down. Kids are still sleeping."

"When Skylar? When were you going to tell me about those emails?"

Yep he isn't angry he is furious. He never calls me by my name. Never.

"Elijah. It's not that I wasn't planning to tell you, but you are already stressed with everything in work." I try to ease the situation.

"Don't use that excuse. You know I care about you and our kids and the work isn't that stressful."

"I know." I quietly respond and sit down on the floor.

"Pearl you know I will always protect you and our kids. And now you are pregnant with twins. Twins. Doctor told you not to be stressed and you go and don't tell me something that important." He sighed, disappointment lacing in his voice.