22

A week ago we told Lily's family and Elijah's parents about our engagement

A week ago we told Lily's family and Elijah's parents about our engagement. They were all so happy. Lily and Susan were telling me all about how they will help me make preparations. But truth be told I wanted to do it alone so I kindly told them that I will ask for their help if needed but I would like to do it on my own, well on my own with Elijah.

He completely agreed with me. We also talked things through so we are both aware that wedding isn't going to be any time soon. With Elijah's work, my magazine and two little kids it will take us time. But we want to do it our way.

Nico told everyone in his daycare that his mommy and daddy are getting married because they love each other. He is so cute, but he is growing too fast. Way to fast. I remember like it was yesterday when he said his first word, or when we started potty training and his first day at daycare.

Elina is also growing fast. She has us all wrapped around her finger. I can just see how Elijah will spoil her rotten.

My magazine is actually coming together. Few more days and it will be finished, well at least for my part. All that is left is to hire people to take care of it, hire writers and photographers and so on. So yeah basically a lot of work. But I love working, I couldn't be that stay at home mum who doesn't do anything. That is just not me.

And yesterday I even got a call from my previous work, they wanted me back. At whatever position I would like and higher pay but I declined their offer. Even if my magazine won't be successful I will still work on it for fun.

I am now cooking lunch and later me and Elina will go to pick Nico up, since Elijah will be working late. He has this big project going on and he works over hours. Then he comes home exhausted, he plays a little bit with Nico and lull Elina to sleep. He even wanted to get up at the middle of the night to help me with her, but I told him I will not except that. I know he feels guilty since he isn't with Elina and Nico more, and that I get up all the nights. But that is all I do, take care of or home and children, well I do work on magazine but I don't have a deadline, while he does.

He is so busy he doesn't have time for me but again I am understanding. Once he finishes this business he said we will plan the wedding. And I hope he finds some time for his family and me.

I hear crying from baby phone.

"Good morning princess. Did you sleep well?" I coo at Elina. "Are you hungry Lina?" That is my nickname for our princess.

She makes baby sound in response so I take that as a yes and start feeding her. After she burpes I put her in a car seat at front. And we drive to Nico's daycare.

"Come on princess let's go get your brother." I take her in my arms and she snuggles into my shoulders.

" I am here to pick Nico up." I say to his teacher.

"Nico your mommy is here. She is so cute miss Gray. And we heard about your engagement so congratulations for both."

"Thank you. Yes Nico told me he told everyone about marriage."

"And he gave such a cute explanation. Who told him that if I may ask?"

"It was his dad."

"How cute." By now Nico is already running to me.

"Mommy! Lina! My pwincess." He loves Elina and is already protective of her.

"Well it's time to go home baby."

"Okay, goodbye Andwea." Andrea is name of his teacher in this daycare. He still has some problems saying letter R, so it's Andwea.

"Mommy is daddy at wowk? Will he be late again?"

"Yes baby, he is at work. He is really good and hardworking, so he can buy you and Elina all the toys and food and clothes." I hope this explanation will satisfy him.

"Okay mommy. I love you mommy." Well I guess it worked. I park my car in a garage, but what I find weird is Elijah's car is also here. Shouldn't he be at work?

I take both kids out and find Elijah sitting on couch looking at some papers.

"Daddy!" Nico started running to him. Elijah hugges him and then sets him in his lap.

"Hi Elijah." I sit next to him and kiss him.

"Hello love, how is my princess?"

"She is doing great. How is it that you are already home?" I say placing Elina in Elijah's hands.

"Well I can go back to work if you want." He jokingly said.

"No daddy!" Nico exlaims. I wasn't even aware he was listening since he was playing with his favorite toy- car, black lamborghini to be exact. The one Elijah bought him on their first daddy-son day.

"I am kidding Nico, I am done with work. Besides love we have a wedding to prepare. I was working over hours so now I can have a free week. I think it will be the easiest for us both for me to work harder for two weeks and then have a week free."

"Oh okay, I guess." I wasn't really certain about his work.

"Love tell me honestly what you think."

"No it's okay, it's just it's hard for Nico and me to see you barely for two weeks. It is nice to have you here for a week though."

"I understand, but the extra hours I work is maybe three to four hours a day. And if I work it that way and have a week long leave they won't bother me. If I constantly work they will bother me."

"Okay my love, I see now it's for the best. Thanks for working so hard for us. If you ever need my help just tell me okay?"

"Thank you love for taking care of our family and me. I will ask for your help if needed. Now let me place princess in her crib and then Nico and I can go play together? And you love have a nice relaxing bath."

"Yeey daddy, let's go play."

"I love you Elijah."