8

After I drove Lily and Yara to their home, pack Nico and my stuff, got us showered and dressed, Elijah came to pick us up

"Dadda up." Nico said and Elijah took him in his arms. He than kissed me and carried all the bags in the car. Car ride was short and his apartment is really lovely. Just as we got there we went to the beach. I wore this one piece swimsuit with blue and white stripes. Elijah wore blue swimming pants and I put Nico in swim-diaper. We were enjoying ourselves, my baby loves water so he spent the most of the day in it with Elijah.

Elijah told me to relax and enjoy myself. I do admit I enjoyed watching him and Nico. It always brightens my day. For dinner we went out. Oh and did I mention Jer apologized to Lily so they are fine now. Or should I say for now.

•••

And so our days passed and today is Monday. Tomorrow morning we are going back home. As for now we are walking down the street, exploring. Elijah has one arm wrapped around my waist and in the other he is holding sleeping Nico.

"We can go back so you don't have to carry him all along. I did offer to take a stroller but you refused." Elijah's brows were raised meaning he finds this amusing.

"I told you Pearl. I love carrying Nico and my muscles don't hurt."

"Okay my strong man." I said lifting my hands up in surrender, earning a laugh from Elijah.

"What do you want to eat today?"

"Maybe we could cook together?" Just as Elijah was going to answer, the voice I never wanted to hear called my name.

It's not that I hate it. No. Hate is an emotion, a strong one. For this person I do not have any feelings. Elijah recognizes this voice too. We slowly turn around.

"Skylar fancy seeing you here." Jake says with a smug smile, which disappears when he eyes Nico and Elijah.

"Jake." I say with a nod.

"So is this that child. And what is he doing with you?" He says with a venom. I don't know who Jake despises more Nico, me or Elijah. I didn't want to have a conversation and Elijah thankfully took over.