Chapter 1

In a world of ink on skin, one girl stands out from all the rest. The girl's name, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. A girl so clumsy and shy no one would ever think that she would be the grand Paris guardian, Ladybug. Nor would someone believe that her soul mate has not once written to her. Marinette being the fashionista her parents knew she was, always drew on her arm, not once thinking of her soul mate on the other side. Every girl and boy her age had at least had one conversation with their soulmate, but not her. Her soul mate was always quiet. Once and a while she would ask her soul mate a question, but never would they answer. After, all her friends had found their soul mates she had finally given up on finding hers. For all she knew, she doesn’t even have one. But, unbeknownst to her, her soul mate was reading. He was reading her every line, all her drawings, all her designs. He was seeing them all and he loved them. Sadly, he was forbidden to write on his own skin, due to his father strict rule. Him being the most famous model in all of Paris, Adrien Agreste, and secretly Paris’s second guardian, Chat Noir, meant he was always busy. His schedule was always full of photoshoots school, fencing, and Chinese lessons during the day, along with nightly patrols with his partner Ladybug. Not once has he not thought about who his soul mate was or where she was. If only he would turn around one day during school and look at the clumsy girl that sits behind him. He would have all his answers. Every minute wasted on thinking of his soul mate could be prevented by one turn of the head. Just one turn as she wrote on her arm could solve both of their heartaches, but it never happened. Not once did he catch her drawing on her arm because he was too busy looking at what she was drawing as it appeared on his. That is until he decided to finally write on his own arm.

"Hello, I have noticed that you love to draw. Is that true or do just want my attention." Adrien wrote on his arm with his best friend Nino hovering over him.

"Oh My God! You actually wrote to me! I didn't even think I had a soul mate! That's why I'm always drawing. I didn't think there was anyone receiving my doodles. I'm sorry that I draw so much on myself." Marinette wrote back nervous to actually hear from her soul mate, but at the same time getting the attention of her best friend, Alya sitting next to her. But as Adrien read what she wrote his heart broke. He never thought his soul mate could think that she never had one because he never wrote to her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know you thought that. I have never been able to write back because of my father. But I really do love your drawings. They are always there when I need an emotional boost. Thank you:)" Adrien wrote back wanting to make sure his soul mate understood that he loved her insistent drawing. Marinette, on the other hand, was on the verge of a heart attack. She had never spoken to her soul mate let alone for this long, but as Alya finished reading what Adrien said she picked up a pen and started to write to him.

"Hello mister I'm your soulmate here's best friend and I would like to speak to you. You see my best friend here has always wanted to hear from her soul mate but you never responded so you expect her to be happy with a simple excuse. No mister you are going to take her out on a date and make up for 15 years of no conversations. You got that!" Alya demanded of Adrien as Marinette tried her best to stop her from scaring her soul mate. But, as Adrien read Alya's message he found it cute that her best friend was so protective.

"You're right. How about we go on a date this Saturday. Meet at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower at 7:00. Sound good enough for you, best friend." Adrien quickly wrote remembering he had some time off on Saturday before patrol at 12:00. Marinette, on the other hand, had died. Her soul mate had just asked her out on a date and made a snarky comment towards Alya.

"That would be fine whatever your name is, thank you for finally attempting to actually meet your soulmate before you both die," Alya replied with as much sarcasm as she could muster. Adrien which was now laughing along with Nino simply replied with a smiley face before ending the conversation. As for Marinette, she was freaking out. She had a date two days from now with her soul mate that just wrote to her for the first time in her whole life. What was she going to wear? She didn't even know if it was fancy clothing or casual. She would need to ask him tomorrow, but for the time being, she is going to enjoy the rest of her sleepover with her best friend before the next day of school.