Chapter 7

“Adrien, wake up,” Marinette said trying to wake up the crying boy next to her. He had fallen asleep next to her after he came back from the bathroom. A couple minutes into his sleep he started to shake. Marinette tried to wake him up but he wouldn't wake up.

“Adrien! Wake up! It's a dream!” Marinette now shaking the dreaming Adrien.

“Marinette. No.” Adrien mumbled crying even more. Marinette froze, he was crying because of her.

“Adrien. I'm fine. I'm right here, just open your eyes.” Marinette said pulling Adrien into a soothing hug.

“Marinette? Marinette you're okay. I thought I had lost you.” Adrien said crying and hugging Marinette like she would vanish if he let her go.

“Adrien, what happened in your dream?”

“Chloe got akumatized because she found out you were my soulmate a-and and then she thr-threw you off of a roof,” Adrien said in between sobs.

“Wait. I'm your soulmate.” Marinette said looking into Adrien’s puffy eyes. Adrien's eyes widened at the realization of what he said.

“Yeah, I figured it out when I got a red soulmate mark on my stomach. I wrote to you, but Dr. Alonso responded telling me that you were in surgery and where I could find you. When I got to the room I saw you.” Adrien said smiling.

“Oh my god. We are so stupid. We have been under each other's noses this whole time, times two.” Marinette said starting to laugh.

“Yeah, you right. How did we not figure it out sooner.” Adrien said, laughing along with Marinette. After a couple of minutes, the laughter died down.

“So, what are we going to tell our friends?” Adrien asked

“Well, we can tell them that we are complete idiots and we are soulmates or we could just walk into school on Monday holding hands.” Marinette inquired wiggling her eyebrows.

“I like the second option but I need to ask you something first.”

“Ask away, Kitty.”

“Marinette Dupain Cheng will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Great now you should probably call your parents they think you're at my house.”

“Why do they think I'm at your house?”

“Well, I didn't want to worry them so I told them we were having a last minute sleepover,” Adrien said looking down at the floor.

“Aww. My Kitty didn't want to worry my parents, how cute.”

“Yeah, well I also didn't want to get in trouble with your dad.”

“Aww. That's even better." Marinette said yawning.

“You look pretty tired you should go to sleep,” Adrien exclaimed, seeing Marinette’s tired eyes.

“Okay. Goodnight Kitty.” Marinette said turning on her side and falling asleep.

“Night Princess.”