Chapter 5

Marinette woke up to the sound of beeping in her ear. Her eyes fluttered open as she adjusted to the unfamiliar lighting. She was in a white room, so white it was nauseating. As her eyes finally cleared up she was able to understand she was in a hospital bed. Marinette's memory of what had happened the past day came crashing down on her. Suddenly perfectly aware of her situation she jumped up right only to fall back down with a groan. Her side hurt her whenever she moved.

“Dammit!” She signed successfully waking up her sleeping partner next to her.

“Marinette? Marinette!” Adrien said jumping out of his seat to pull her into a bone-crushing hug.

“Hey, Adrien,” Marinette said slightly startled by his sudden movements.

“Um, Adrien do you mind letting go my side really hurts,” Marinette said through gritted teeth.

“Oh, I forgot. Sorry.” Adrien said releasing her gently while staring hard at the floor.

“It's okay, Kitty. I know you were only excited.” Marinette said with a giggle before getting cut short by her painful side.

“Oh. I should probably tell the doctor that you're awake.” Adrien said walking toward the door to get the doctor. Marinette just smiled at him and waited patiently for his return.

“Hello, Mrs.Dupain-Cheng. I see you have finally awoken from your slumber. Adrien has informed me that you have pain from your injury. Is that true?” Dr. Alonso inquired. Marinette nodded her head in response. The doctor then walked over to the tube attached to her arm and inserted morphine. After a couple of seconds, Marinette felt no more pain.

“Thank you,” Marinette said with a smile.

“Your welcome. Now you can leave the hospital tomorrow, but try not to move a lot for the next 2 weeks until your injury is fully healed. You will have a routine appointment every 3 to 4 days. You will also, be needing to take painkillers throughout this whole process. That is all the information I can give, I leave you two alone to talk.” Dr. Alonso said walking out of the room.

“So, Marinette you’re Ladybug,” Adrien said trying to start up a conversation.

“Yes I am, and you’re Chat Noir.”

“Yep.”

“Oh my god! I completely forgot. Adrien do you have a pen.”

“Yes, why do you need a pen?”

“I was supposed to go on. A date with my soul mate yesterday, but the Akuma attack stopped me.” Marinette said frantically writing something down on her arm. Little did she know that the boy in front of her was freaking out.

“Umm. I'm going to go to the restroom. Bye Marinette.” Adrien said quickly running out the door.

“Hey soulmate, I'm so sorry I blew you off yesterday. Something urgent came up and I wasn't able to make it. Please forgive me.” Marinette writes trying her best not to have her soulmate mad at her.

“It's fine. I actually had something come up yesterday too, so we can just reschedule it:)” Adrien wrote marveling at how Marinette didn't want him to know she got hurt. Adrien was currently in the restroom with a screaming Plagg next to him.

“Adrien, why didn't you tell Marinette that you're her soulmate? Why?” Plagg screamed.

“I'm sorry, I got really nervous and wasn't thinking right. What do I do now Plagg!”

“You go out there and tell her.”

“I can't just do that.”

“Yes, you can. Just use your legs and go to her room and say you are her soulmate.”

“Ugh, I can't  do that-"

“The thing is, I'm not in Paris for about 2 weeks. I'm sorry"

“Plagg, she’s protecting me from worrying about her injury. She's being so cute, I cant talk to her right now. AHHH!”

“Okay, Adrien. This is what you're going to do. You are going to give me the pen and I am going to fix your little mess. But you need to close your eyes.” Plagg said itching towards the pen.

“Plagg, you better not make this worse. I'm trusting you.” Adrien said hesitantly giving the pen to Plagg.