Chapter 3

Should I rewrite Insurgent in Four's POV? Comment if you want me too (:

-

-

I wake up and start the same routine every morning: brush teeth, shower, and change. Instead of wearing a jacket, I wore a tight short sleeved black shirt that showed off my muscles. The initiates need to see some, because they will be needing them pretty soon.

I went to the Training Room and see that all of them are there. When Eric came into power, he changed the rules. Instead of letting the initiates all stay, he is testing each one of them for bravery, cowardice and their fears. At the end of the tests, only three will be left. Tris might not be one of them. But she will, I will help her get through the tests.

Tris is special, she wasn't like the rest. She is a stubborn girl who wasn't afraid to ask questions, which isn't part Abnegation.

I gather up the knives and guns that the transfer will be using and head to the platform of the Training Room.

"The first thing you will learn today is how to shoot a gun. The second thing is how to win a fight." I press a gun into Tris's palm without looking at her and keep walking. "Thankfully, if you are here, you already know how to get on and get off a moving train, so I don't need to teach you that."

I pass out guns to each of the transfers and turn back to return to my speech. "Initiation is divided into three stages. We will measure your process and rank you according to your performance in each stage. The stages are not weighed equally in determing your final rank, so it is possible, though difficult, to drastically improve your rank over time." If Tris fails one stage then she's gone. She needs to be prepared for everything that's coming her way.

"We believe that preparation eradicates cowardice, which we define as the failure to act in the midst of fear," I continued. "Therefore each stage of initiation is intended to prepare you in a different way. The first stage is primarily physical; the second, primarily emotional; the third, primarily mental."

Another smart mouth former Candor named Peter speaks up. "But what..." he yawns through his word. "What does firing a gun have to do with. . . bravery?

Why does every Candor try to be so sassy??? I'm trying to teach them that holding a gun is like holding your life on the line. In Dauntless, a gun is your new best friends. This is why I don't like Candors.

To scare him a bit and wake him up, I flip the gun in my hand, press the barrel to Peter's forehead, and click the bullet into place. Peter freezes with his lip parted, the yawn dead in his mouth.

Try yawning when I'm teaching again shit hole. We'll see what happens.

"Wake. Up," I snap. "You are holding a loaded gun, you idiot. Act like it."

I lower my gun and once the immediate threat is gone, Peter's green eyes harden. Thats more like it.

"And to answer your question. . . you are far less likely to soil your pants and cry for your mother if you're prepared to defend yourself." I stop walking at the end of the row and turn on my heel. "This is also information you may need later and stage one. So, watch me."

I face the walls with the targets on it- one square of plywood with three circles on it for each of them. My blood rushes into my hands and I feel alive again, with the gun in my hand. I stand with my feet apart, holding the gun in both hands, and fire.

The sound of the bang made the initiates cringe. The bullet went straight through the middle circle and proudness flow into my veins. Of course, I am an expert on gun shooting.