Chapter 9

PLEASE LIKE AND FOLLOW ME IT TOOK ME A VERY LONG TIME TO MAKE THIS STORY THANK YOU :)

-
-

Nothing much happened to me in the last few hours or so. I went to work in the control room and ate and the usual. Zeke and Shauna was doing their crazy ass stunts like always but this time with Tris with them. She's crazy. Like hot crazy. She's really brave to go on that zip line, I don't even have the guts to take a look at it. I can't imagine myself go on it, it was too dangerous. If I were to battle a dragon or go on the zip line once, I'll take my chances with the dragon.

My room is messy like someone went through it and that someone was me. I don't ever clean my room unless I want to and today was the day I have to. I grab my equipment and started to clean.

After I finish, I take a look back at my squeaky clean room. I will not make a mess of it again. It's tiring to clean after me, I leave a hell of a mess to be honest.

I look at my watch and it's time for the next initiation for both the Transfers and Dauntless borns. I wipe my forehead with a towel and I walk out of my room with a fresh t-shirt and jeans.

-

-

-

The simulation room has a reclining metal chair, similar to the one I sat in during the aptitude test. Beside it is a machine that tracks the initiates' fears. I set up everything to be ready for the initiates. The computer lights up and I type in the password needed to get into the information.

When everything was ready, I open the door and shout, "Lynn." I beckon her to come. She walks down the hallway and into the room.

After Lynn was finish with her test, Peter is next.

"Peter," I say when the door opens.

Initiates come and go until it was Tris's turn. I open the door and beckon to her, "Come on, Tris."

I touch her shoulder to guide her into the room and close the door behind her.

"Sit," I say. I squeeze her arms and push her forward lightly.

Tris looks at me in fear. "What's the simulation?" Her voice shaking.

"Ever hear the phrase 'face your fears'?" I calmly say. "We're taking that literally. That simulation will teach you to control your emotions in the midst of a frightening situation."

She touches a wavering hand to her forehand. Tris robotically pushes herself into the chair, resting her head on the headrest.

"Do you ever administer the aptitude tests?" she asks.

"No," I reply. "I avoid Stiffs as much as possible."

"Why?"

"Do you ask me that because you think I'll actually answer?" I grab a syringe from the table and walk towards Tris.

"Why do you vague things if you don't want to asks about them?"

To shut her up, my fingers brush her neck and she tenses. Tris reacts to my touch very differently.

I tap the syringe that is in my hand, my thumb against the plunger.

"An injection?" Tris says, her light blue eyes wide.

"We use a more advanced version if the simulation here," I explain. "A different serum, no wires or electrodes for you."

"How does it work without wires?"

Tris does ask a lot of questions. She's the first Stiff I have ever met that is curious.

"Well, I have wires, so I can see what's going on," I say. "But for you, there's a tiny transmitter in the serum that sends data to the computer."