Chapter 6 - Friendship?

"What?"

"Tell me the real reason, why your group want  those diamonds. It's just very confusing. If the device is working and you guys are so many. Why not just get the stones by yourselves, why did you have to kidnap me and do this too?"

"We needed a female. Karen"

"Why?"

"Hmm I have to tell you now, won't I?"

"Just tell me, George."

"I or we will actually sell you. But not exactly sell you. You see there's a thing called "wife selling" and this begun in England and it was a way of ending an unsatisfactory marriage by mutual agreement that probably began in the late 17th century, Karen. We already predicted that to manage to get a hold of the 27 Eureka stones we must get him something too. You."

I stared at him with horror.

"Wh-what?!"

I was beyond in shock. Me? Getting married, in this time period.

The 1800s? Me? Selling me?

They're, no he is going to sell me?

For fucking marriage? What the actual fuck is this shit?

"Listen, Georgie. You dickhead explain this at once!"

He threw up.

Yuck!

"We won't actually sell you, calm down."

He was a bit drunk but atleast he's giving the answers to my questions.

"Yes we will, present you as the "wife-for-sale" but trust me you won't actually be married to him, after we get a hold of these stones. We flee our escape."

"But how do we escape?"

"Once we get the stones, we put them in our bags and travel back to North America. Send a message to Susan using the pen."

"Why can't we just travel by ourselves, I thought that was a time travelling pen?"

"No. We weren't supposed to use that. Only Susan. This pen only sends message to the present, to him. Plus we can't leave this particular year without the stones."

"The stones.. They will be placed in his great great grandfather am I right?"

"Yes. But we also have a plan for that."

"Indeed?"

"Indeed. It might weird him out that two strangers requests to place special stones in his house. He might think it's some explosions. We might get arrested."

"So?"

"So, we would try to befriend him and place it under the house's floor. Which was by time filled with wooden planks and stone."

"Seems that it would be a very busy trip here. Will be attending any balls and parties anytime soon?"

"I guess so. We will try to befriend him after all."

"Next question, Georgie. Why are you guys so desperate to get those stones? What's was the goal for all of this?"

I asked not looking at him and stared into the sea, which was pointless since it was dark. But atleast it was a cold night.

I turned to him because he didn't gave a response.

He's snoring.

"Hmm. Maybe next time."

We sat there. Or should I say I sat there since he was already asleep in full silence.

I liked it.