Chapter 17 - This is great.

This is great.

This is great.

No fuck you no it isn't.

"Karen! Will you stop daydreaming I've been calling your name dozens of times now."

"Sorry, it's just that I've heard from you that we are stuck in 2003 and we can't go back to our time."

"Well we just have to wait 14 years to go back to our time."

"Are you joking?"

"Yes. But Susan said that he will fix this problem as soon as possible. He's a smart dude he can fix that thing today and we could possibly go to 2018 today if we're lucky."

"Sooo no waiting for 14 years that is?"

"Yep."

"Bloody hell that was terrifying as hell. If you do that again, I swear George I will fuck you up."

"Go ahead then." He smiled and him one of my teacher's cold and creepy glare.

"Guys." Gretta said in the middle of our discussion.

"What is it, Gretta?" I asked her.

"I have no clothes to fit in here and these fine people are giving me stone cold stares, they must be confused, dear Karen?"

"Shit. We have to get you new clothes then." I said.

Luckily I still have enough cash to buy Gretta some clothes to fit in here. I might have asked George to give me cash.

----

Yes we're set now and Susan is still not responding to our message.

But he said he was already working on it. Hopefully tomorrow we could go back.

But I was so so wrong.

It was already 4 days! Where is Susan.

"George. Susan seem to have forgotten that we're stuck here in 2003! Is it already fixed could we go back now?"

"That is a question that I can't answer, Karen. You know that I'm also stuck here right? And I don't know how Susan even works on those things so I think Susan is working on it slowly."

Ugh.

I went to a gew places here in Kentucky and they we the same as to what we see in 2018 it's just a bit more 90's to be honest.

My clothes still fit in here even though there we're teenagers asking me where do I bought my clothes and I just gave them a fake store name so that they would stop bugging me.

People here are too calm and they seem to not give a single fuck and I like it.

In 2018 people are so judgemntal and they gossip all the time. It's like their goddamn job. Toxic people and toxic environment but here and in 1870 it was not like it at all.

If you're asking me.. I wanted to stay here forever but I can't..

I have my family waiting for me in 2018 and yes they might know I'm dead but I'll just explain it to them or make an excuse.

But I think it was nice experiencing all this things to go back to the past and see all things vintage, to people, to where things all started.

Met some good friends here like Robert and Gretta. Even though I've left Robert there it was for the better. I can't let him go with me because he's Susan's great great grandfather for god's sake.

But he was still friendly.

For Gretta, she has no one there. Her parents are dead, she knows nothing about her relatives and she was abducted just like me to marry someone and force her.

I gave her props for escaping and meeting a fine man who let her stay with her until I found her.

It was all great.

When I explaim this to my parents I will convince them to adopt Gretta. I want her to be my sibling. We relate alot and she's kind.

We together with Robert and George have spend months together and it was amazing.

Gretta was alone and I don't want her to be alone. I want her to be happy.

Not going deep about this I started heading back to our place.

----

"Karen." George said.

"What is it, Georgie?"

"Susan already fixed the device! We could go back now."

"Hurray!" I danced and got Gretta and we danced together.

"But we leave tomorrow not now." He said to the both of us.

"Why though?" I asked him.

"We will spare tomorrow to have fun and go out. We're in 2003, it's not like everyday we time travel so tomorrow is our rest day and ur bog break from all this shit."

"Ohh I like that!" I said.

"Okay Karen and Gretta, I better go to sleep. You should also too. Good night night Karen." He smiled.

I smiled back.

It was finally done.

Is it though.

I thought to myself and..

No.

I need to explain Gretta to my parents also, I still need to explain why I was gone for almost a year.

But atleast those damned diamonds are already done and finished for.

Thinking about it in another way..

I'm not regretting that George took me and held me hostage to do this fucked up mission because.. As I know my life is boring and this was an experience that I truly love.

Atleast they weren't aliens though.

And I wasn't hurt, there's no torture so I think it wasn't an abduction after all. But still kidnapping but there's no violence.

Ugh.

Why am I even thinking about this I should probably go to sleep now.

This was a great 10 months though..

I smiled and closed my eyes to sleep.