citgo.

warning: violence is in this chapter, along with heavy language, and abuse.

Waking up the next day wasn't as pleasant as I would have liked, considering I woke up at six in the evening to Daisy howling. I groaned as I pulled my exhausted body out of the bed, and grabbed at my head. My throat was on fire and a headache was coursing through my skull as I trudged to my door. Bile was already rising up my throat as I eased my door open to the hallway and it projected when I saw what was the cause of Daisy's barking. My mouth burned as the vomit spewed out of me and onto the floor. I stared at Richard with as much anger as I could muster in my recovering state. His lip curled in disgust as his eyes flickered from me to the puddle
of vomit at his feet.

Before I could think I shoved him down, in turn causing him to slip and fall into my puke. My feet squelched in it, but I couldn't find it in myself to care as I pressed a foot on his chest and narrowed my eyes.

"Listen here you piece of shit," I sneered. I stepped harder on his chest.

I continued, "I don't know why you're here or what you're tryna do, but fuck off. I don't need a reminder and my mom doesn't need another goddamn stressor."

He gasped in pain, maybe even slight disgust, "Diego, shut the fuck up."

I kicked his jaw, "You first, Richard."

The older man grabbed my ankle and threw it off of him. He grappled his way up from the floor and adrenaline crackled through my veins as I raced off towards the front of the house. Daisy's barking was incessant as I slung the front door open and raced down to the grass and around to my backyard. I could hear Richard stumbling throughout the house and I circled to the tool shed. Fumbling through all of the random shit my mom had thrown into I finally saw what I needed.

I grabbed the shovel and had it pressed tightly into my chest as I held my breath. Richard was unpredictable and I had to be ready for him, even if it meant bombarding him at the last minute. My back was pressed against the right side of the shed, on the side of the door and I waited to throw myself through it. His footsteps could be heard very softly and I heard him stalking to the shed. When I saw the knob turn I kicked it open and thrusted the shovel into his gut. He let out a strained yelp and fell backwards.

"Fuck you," I spat.

He struggled to take in a breath, "Di-ego." A sharp inhale interrupted my name as he fought through the pain.

I rolled my eyes, "What? You're sorry? Or, wait, wait,  you didn't do anything. That's what you told the jury, right? When you put dad away?"

His eyes seemed to burn with the fury when I finished. Richard tried to sit up and I pushed him back down with the shovel. Another groan left him as he gritted his teeth, "Shut up, cunt. I had to do it."

I let out a hysterical laugh, "You had to? You had to? Why? So you could keep slingin' goddamn coke? For me not to have a dad and your bastard could? Oh, fuck you. I can't wait for you to get what's comin' to you."

"Diego, you're young and you don't know everything like you think," he protested, weakly from the grass.

"Huh? So, I'm too young to know that incriminating someone for statutory rape of my ex girlfriend who they got pregnant is wrong? Well, fuck, I guess I don't have goddamn morals then, Richard," I questioned with sarcasm.

Suddenly, I was thrown on the ground and Richard had the shovel pressed on my throat. He had somehow twisted the shovel from my hands and had me pinned to the ground. I swallowed harshly and felt the metal press into my adam's apple. Richard's face was cold and his eyes hot, as he pressed the shovel down roughly. Adrenaline kept pulsing through my veins, but I remained still.