First Day of Third Grade

Two weeks later, after the whole ordeal with Bubba, it was time to get ready and start his first day of third grade. He and his mom were finally settled in and most of their belonging were put into place, and Marshall was actually starting to look their little apartment, especially his bedroom, since now he had his own little TV. He admired it as he got dressed into some jeans and a t-shirt, and looked away when his mom came in to bring some cereal to him. He thanked her, and began to chew the plain cereal, and slurped down the milk shortly after. He set the bowl on his desk and went to go brush his teeth and hair, which only took about 5 minutes. When he was down, he went out to the living room and shortly after he and his mom left to go to school and work.

After only about ten minutes, his mom dropped him off and she said, “Good luck sweetie! Don’t forget your lunch!” He blushed, slightly embarrassed from the attention, and hugged her goodbye. He then walked into his new school, and looked around the new environment, wondering where to go. He then saw a big group of students near what looked like the p.e. area with them being sorted into their grade and class. Marshall walked over there, brown lunch bag in hand, and sat down next to a brown haired girl, who looked about the same age as him. “Is this area for third graders?” She nodded and asked, “Are you new? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before.” He smiled and said, “Yeah! I am. What’s your name?” She smiled back and said, “My name is Tyler.”

They were quieted down when a teacher entered into their area and announced, “Welcome back, and welcome to those of you who are new! I and two other teachers will be one of the teachers you will be in for the rest of the year. Now, for my class, I’ll start calling out names, so please line up. First, Marshall Lee Abadeer!” Marshall stood up, and walked over to the wrinkling lady, and stood behind her. Then, she called a few more names, and they lined up behind him, a couple of them talking to each other rapidly and quietly. Marshall only then perked up when he heard, “Bubba Gumball!” and blinked in confusion when he saw Bubba stand up and walk forward to stand in line. He waved to Marshall who waved back, and practically stared at him, thinking this must be the biggest coincidence ever in his life. When he met up with him later on the way to their class, Marshall asked, “You go to school here?” Bubba nodded and said, “I have ever since pre-school. We got a really good teacher this year, I heard last year we’d be lucky to get into this class.” Marshall nodded and asked, “What makes her so special?” Bubba began to explain, “They said she takes us on a lot of field trips and that she’s really nice! I hope they’re right...She looks kind of scary.”

When they got to class, they were told they could sit anywhere they liked, so Marshall sat next to Tyler and across from Bubba, and also across from some other boy named Brendon who also had black hair, but had a darker complexion. Apparently, Bubba and Brendon were already really close friends, and had sat next to each other since first grade. “They’re pretty much like brothers,” Tyler said. “Are they actually brothers?” Marshall asked, as he doodled in pen on his hand. “No we’re not actually brothers,” Brendon piped up with, continuing to say, “We’re just best friends!” Their conversation was cut short though when the teacher, who introduced herself as Mrs. Treetrunks, said, “Okay class! We’re going to start our day by making a name tag okay? Make it as colorful or as boring as you like, just as long as I can read it!” She then began to pass out white strips of construction paper and a bag of markers to each table, and told them to begin.

As soon as Marshall had chosen the colors he liked which consisted of red, green, yellow, and purple, he looked over and found that Tyler was already scribbling her names in all the colors of the rainbow. He looked forward and saw that Bubba was drawing a design in the corners of the paper and that Brendon was tracing the card in black. Marshall then looked down at his paper, and decided to write his name in red, and then outline it in purple and green. When he was done, which was fairly quickly, he saw that about half the class was done as well, including no one at his table. So he sat there in silence, waiting, until they were all done.

Progressively throughout the day, they did their own short introductions, went over what they were going to do this year, had lunch, and got assigned some homework to make at least one friend, and have them write a paragraph long letter to you. Marshall handed it to Bubba, and told him to write it. When he was done, they exchanged, and Bubba gave him his homework for Marshall to write a paragraph on. When he finished, they both put the homework in their backpack, ready to go. Since it was nearly the end of the day, the students began to talk, and Bubba went back over to Brendon and began to talk with him. So Marshall turned to Tyler and asked, “So who’d you get to write you a letter?” Tyler pointed behind her and said, “Some girl named Cake. Apparently she has a sister only a year younger who goes here named Fionna! Cake seems pretty cool.” Marshall smiled and said, “I got Bubba to write mine. He seems pretty friendly.” Tyler agreed, and so they talked for a bit, about what they each like and what their favorite subjects are and all that.

When school got to a close, there was a sudden commotion in the classroom, and Marshall noticed that Bubba was on the ground, unconscious. Mrs. Treetrunks was calling Bubba’s home, asking for them to pick him up. After a couple moments, Bubba got back up, pretty weak and looking like was about to fall down, asked if he could lie down somewhere. The teacher said yes, and told him his parents were coming to pick him up. Marshall walked over to him as soon as he managed to sit on the couch in the back in the class and asked if he was okay. Bubba nodded and said, “I’ll be okay soon. This happens sometimes.” Marshall asked why and Bubba simply shrugged and said, “I don’t know why, my parents say I have a rare condition...I don’t know, but it’s annoying.” Marshall nodded and took a seat next to him as Bubba laid his head down and began to rest. Marshall hoped he would be okay.

A/N Hello again!! Please let me know what you think of this, if you have anything I could improve upon or any grammar issues or sentence structure issues I have. This is sort of just my story without really any editing so I'm sure there'll be a few mistakes... Anyways, thank you all so much and ilysm <33