Marshall meets Mrs. Gumball

A/N Hello all my lovely readers, thank you so much for the votes and your reads! It really helps me feel motivated to write :) Oh and did you know this whole story started just because I wanted to make an AU but didn’t want to make Bubba’s hair naturally pink for no reason? Idk I think that’s kinda funny. Anyways love you all and thank you soooo much :)

That very night Marshall sat down with his mom at dinner, shovelling down spaghetti, with a slow yet steady stream of tomato sauce dribbling down his chin. His focus from his food was pulled away when he felt his moms piercing stare on his back and turned around, bringing his pink plastic chair with him. “What’s wrong mom?” He asked, through a large mouthful of spaghetti. She formed her mouth into a thin line and as soon as he finished that bite, she practically attacked his face with a wet napkin saying, “You have food all over your face! Nobody wants to see that.” After a couple of minutes of wiping all the food smudges, she sat down across from him and asked, “By the way sweetie, how was your day? I seemed to have forgotten to ask.”

He stared at her, wondering if it was just a mom thing to go from angry to concerned in less than a second, and quietly said, “Not that good...” She frowned and asked, “Why? What happened?” He took another slurp of his noodles to prepare himself and began to explain, “You know Bubba? I’m pretty sure he likes this kid named Brendon but he got made fun of when people found out, so I stood up to one of the bullies, but Bubba was totally ungrateful! He said I’m gonna make this stupid Brendon kid get bullied for the rest of the year because of what I said!”

His moms eyebrows disappeared in her hairline, surprised by this newfound fact about Bubba. Setting it aside for the moment, she asked, “So what did you say...?” Marshall frowned and crossed his arms, “Doesn’t matter what I said.” Before she was about to ask him again, and scold him, saying it in fact does matter, they heard the doorbell ring followed by a short knock. So she got up and went to get it, but when she opened the door, she found someone she would’ve never expected. Beneath her moderately tall stature was the very person they were talking about, shivering and staring at the floor. “Sorry to bother, but I wanted to say sorry to Marshall for something I said...” He began.

Before he could say anymore, Marshall’s mom ushered him in, inviting him to sit down on their leather couch, trying to help him get comfortable. His fearful eyes glanced up at her, and then flicked over to Marshall. Marshall at the very least looked genuinely surprised, and a little bit angry. “Hi Marshall,” Bubba muttered, the two simply staring at eachother. “Hey Bubba,” He muttered back, taking a seat across from him in a wooden chair.

The three of them sat there for a minute in awkward silence, before Bubba opened his mouth and began to profusely apologize, “I’m so sorry for what I said to you earlier, I know I should’ve been nice to you, and should’ve said thank you. I even told my parents what happened and they got really really angry so they sent me over here to apologize. Please Marshall, please..” He broke out into tears, obviously anxiety ridden, and tried wiping them away before his eyes got too puffy. Marshall suddenly felt a little guilty for making Bubba feel so bad and said, “Listen, it’s okay! I wasn’t very nice to you either so we’re even right?”

They sat there for another minute before Bubba smiled and agreed. They both got up and hugged each other before sitting back down began chatting, as if the little drama that just happened didn’t actually occur. Marshall’s mom will always be astounded by the emotional resilience of kids these days.