Blood sucking and awkward events

It was finally Halloween, and Marshall couldn’t be more excited. He blends right in with the crowd, with his grey skin, his red eyes, and his vampiric fangs. Everyone probably figures he was in costume or something. This day was probably his favorite holiday for that reason, because no one questioned him, or asked him if he was wearing colored contacts or not. At first he didn’t mind it, because it made him feel a little special, but after being asked too many times to count, it definitely got annoying.

But the one thing he didn’t like about Halloween, was his large increase of blood lust. That was pretty much the only time he truly craved blood. He used to only crave blood when his voice was still cracking, but he managed it, but he could never do anything about it when it got near Halloween. He didn’t know why this particular holiday made him like this, and from what happened with him and Bubba a couple weeks ago, he could already decide this year would probably be pretty bad.

To be honest, thinking back on what he did to Bubba...he could honestly say he didn’t not like it. Like it fulfilled his innate hunger, but it also fulfilled something else...something he didn’t want to think about. He just remembered the way he was legitimately able to make Bubba moan and how in the moment, he kind of wanted to go farther than just suck and bite his neck. Also, the thing about Bubba’s blood, it was way sweeter than any blood he’s ever tasted. Not that he normally drinks human blood, just it’s strange how abnormally sweet it is.

When he hears a knock on his door, he realizes his friends are here. Tonight they’re supposed to go to some abandoned house that Bubba was talking about not far from his house, where supposedly a family of 4 committed suicide. Despite him sort of being undead, it still sounded pretty creepy. “Come in!” He shouted from his living room, remembering he left the door unlocked for them.

Fionna, Bubba, and FP were all there, talking away about the house as they entered the somewhat large apartment. “Hey guys, you excited?” Marshall asked, walking over to them.

“Hell yeah!” FP and Fionna said in unison, leaving Bubba to shake his head and mutter, “Not really.”

“Aw is our little Bubbs scared?” Marshall teased, slinging an arm around his pink friend. “No, I am not. Just going into a dark and old house where people died doesn’t sound particularly pleasant.”

They left it at that when Fionna pulled out her phone and showed them this app she got that apparently scans ghosts. “Dunno if it works, but what if we really find ghosts with this!?” She exclaimed, shoving her phone in their faces. “According to this device, there are 3 ghosts in this room alone...” She began muttering.

“You’re so cute Fi, did you know that?” FP said, swooping down and stealing a kiss. She giggled but focused back on her phone when a 4th ghost showed up on her screen, standing right where Bubba and Marshall were. “Guys,” She began slowly, looking up at them, “There’s a ghost right where you’re standing.”

Bubba’s eyes widened and he leaned a little into Marshall which surprised the latter. “Wow, you really are scared are you?” Marshall asked.

Bubba shook his head and said, “Of course not! I am in no way scared.” Marshall laughed and tried to push away any thoughts about how cute Bubba was being.

“Hey after you guys are done having your moment, we should head out before it gets too dark,” Fionna said, eyeing the setting sun.

This jarred Marshall and he removed his arm from around Bubba’s shoulder back to his side, feeling his cheeks heat up a little. “Yeah, we should get going. That way we’ll also miss the trick or treaters if we do,” He said, opening the door for them.

They all exited, Marshall locking the door behind them, and went downstairs to get into FP’s car, him being the only one able to drive. “Where to?” He asked. Bubba gave him directions and they rode in silence, enjoying the scenery as they drove past the increasingly emptier streets. Once they got to a full stop, they found themselves in front of a tall looming house, with graffiti on its side and overgrown weeds in the front. There was also a hidden scent of something just a little off not to far away.