Chapter 2

(Authors Note: I honestly don't know where to cut or start these chapters. Oops? These are probably gonna be everywhere and have either really long parts, really short parts, or just bad cliffhangers. Sorry! If there are not songs there will be pictures! I can't find songs for everything. Thanks for being patient!)

(Pic is of human Nyma and Rolo! Hinting? I think yes.)

I continue walking before I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn to see coach Alfor. He smiles at me.

"Ready for the big game tonight?"

"You know it."

"Great! So, I was wondering about something."

"Yeah?"

"You know how I am about participating."

"I do."

"So, I was wondering if you could do something for me."

I nod slowly.

"Sure... What is it?"

"I'd like it if Keith would participate more. I know he's not one for these kinds of things and his brother has talked to me about it. We'd both like it if he would do more. So because I trust you and I know you're a good kid and a good sport I'd like it if you would pick him for teams and be his partner."

"What."

No. Oh god no.

"I think you could be a good influence and I know his brother would like you."

"I uh."

"Just try it. They're practically family to me and it would mean a lot."

"Yeah... I will."

"Great! Have a good day!"

He turns and walks back to the podium and starts some music. Kids start running and I join in. I look off to the side and Keith is sitting on the bench drawing yet again. He looks up as if sensing my eyes on him and I quickly look away. Why me. Ugh. I'm too good not to do it. I can't refuse a request from coach. When the music cuts off I stop running and we all get into line for roll call. Once Alfor has all our names he starts speaking.

"This week we're focusing on football."

A few boys cheer and Alfor continues.

"We'll be partnering up today and tossing the ball back and forth. I get this is kindergarten stuff but we're just going to practice throws and distance so I can mark that down. The rest of the week we'll be playing football. That is unless I don't get all your scores down. Now, partner up!"

Everyone splits up and heads towards their friends. I have a few people who come up to me but I decline. I head straight towards Keith. I said I would and I will. I stop in front of him and he glances up.

"Will you be my partner?"

He looks at me confused.

"Who are you?"

I look at him shocked.

"You seriously don't know me."

He shakes his head.

"Nope."

"The names Lance."

He nods his head.

"So. Will you be my partner?"

"Why?"

I roll my eyes.

"Because I want you to be my partner. Now can you just get up so we can go outside?"