Chapter 8

(Crush by: David Archuleta. The video was made by: Yukariis. This song goes perfectly with the end and really the entire thing. It's a great song and an amazing video. I love it all. Keith has a crush~.)

Keith

When I made it home Shiro was already sitting at the stable waiting. He reminded me of a puppy. The minute I walked in his tail would have started wagging if he had one.

"So, how was your day?"

"Great."

"You ready for the game tonight?"

For once I actually kind of was. I got to talk to Lance and meet his friends. Everything aside he was a pretty decent person.

"Yeah."

I smile.

"What did you do to my little brother?"

Shiro questioned wide eyed.

"He'd never be excited about a football game."

I roll my eyes.

"Oh shut up."

He laughs.

"Okay, just be ready."

"Will do."

I make my way up the stairs and into my room. The football team just needs to warm up and practice a little before the game. I go over to my desk and drop off my stack of homework. It's not as much as usual. Just a English paper and some math problems. Easy stuff that I can do tomorrow. Instead I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I look presentable. I keep telling myself that it's for Lance's friends. Not him.

"Hey! Are you ready to go!"

"Yeah! Coming!"

I leave the bathroom and go down the stairs. Shiro is waiting by the garage door and when he sees me he turns and opens it. I follow him out and get in the car beside him. We head towards the school and after a few minutes of silence Shiro speaks up.

"So, care to explain why you're excited?"

"Not really."

"Oh come on. I'll find out eventually."

"I'll let you do that."

"You're no fun,"

He pouts,

We finally arrive at the school and we both get out. At the ticket stand I give them my free entrance one and Shiro pays for his, We enter and go to the seats we usually sit at. It's in the back corner of the bleachers. We sit here because Shiro says that there's a 'good view'. Which is true. You can see the entire football field. We sit there as more people file in before a familiar face appears. Allura escapes from the crowd and comes to sit next to Shiro.

"Hey Allura."

She nods at me.

"Keith. How's your arm?"

"Arm?"

Shiro questions. I give Allura a look and she shrugs.

"What? I thought he'd know."

Shiro looks to me and inspects my face.

"I assumed the bruise was all so I didn't say anything but your arm?"

I roll my sleeve up to reveal the already healing cut.

"It doesn't even hurt."

"That's because you had Lance help you with it."

She says, drawling out his name. Shiro's eyebrows go up.

"Who now?"

"Just another student."

"Not just any student. The star quarterback, Lance McClain."

She says smugly. I glare at her.

"Seriously? It's not that important."

"So that's why you were excited to come to the game. You want to see him again."

"Shut up!"

"Keith's got a crush! Keith's got a crush!"

"I hate you."

I mutter.

(I've got inspiration for this so expect some chapters coming up!)