Chapter 10

After the game is over there's a loud cheer from the crowd. We barely beat them and I have to cover my ears with how loud Shiro and Allura are cheering. They're a surprisingly loud couple. Finally they settle down and people start leaving the game. Allura leads the way down the bleachers and onto the field where we meet up with Alfor. He smiles when he sees us and envelopes Allura in a hug.

"I knew we could beat em."

He says proudly.

"Those boys are the best we've had since you played."

He says nodding to Shiro. Shiro grins.

"I agree Coach."

The two men laugh while me and Allura share a look.

"It never stops."

"Never."

She agrees.

"Hey, have you met our star player?"

Shiro looks at me grinning. I narrow my eyes at him in warning.

"I don't think I have. Can you tell me a bit about him?"

"Well, I know we've talked about him before but he's gotten better. He's got great grades and never misses a game. He's one of the best we have. I've also noticed him and Keith have been hanging out."

Shiro looks over his shoulder at me smirking and I can only glare.

"Would you look at that."

"You're really getting on my nerves today."

I growl out.

"You still love me."

I roll my eyes and continue walking with them. We head towards a mass of football players who are dispersing. Some are taking off their helmets and somehow Alfor can pick Lance out of the crowd.

"McClain!"

Said person looks up and walks to us when Alfor ushers him over. He stops in front of Alfor, taking off his helmet in the process. I watch and find myself suddenly struggling to stay on my feet. His hair is messy from the helmet but it's somehow extremely hot. He's sweaty but that doesn't bother me either. Everything from the way he even stands is attractive. I watch as his blue eyes scan over the group and land on me. He smiles and my heart almost explodes. I start to feel dizzy and I'm more than glad when his attention turns back to Alfor. I feel Allura grab my arm and gently shake me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She quietly asks concerned.

"F- fine."

I stutter out. I do my best to collect myself and turn back to Alfor as he speaks.

"Lance! Great game!"

"Thanks."

I keep my eyes off him and refuse to even glance at him. What the hell is wrong with me?

"I'd like to introduce you to Takashi Shirogane."

Shiro extends his hand and I see his arm move but still don't look.

"You can call me Shiro. It's a pleasure to meet you Lance."

"Wait, you're like, the most popular football player that ever went to this school."

"That's me."

"Wa-"

I'm suddenly being grabbed by the shoulders and turned. I look up in shock and am met with blue eyes. The eyes narrow and I stare back confused. So much for ignoring him.

"Why didn't you tell me your brother was Takashi Shirogane!"

"I uh, didn't think it was that important."

"Not that important! He's famous here!"

"Sorry?"

Lance sighs and let's me go.

"Did Pidge and Hunk talk to you?"

I nod.

"So are you coming?"

I nod again.

"Can you at least say something?"

"Yes?"

He shakes his head.

"I don't get you."

"I don't get you either."

"Um, sorry to break up- whatever's going on here. But everyone else is gone and I think it might be a good idea that you go get changed."

We both look over at Shiro before Lance steps away.

"Good idea. It was nice to meet you."

He says before walking away. I watch him leave when Shiro speaks up.

"Seems like you two are already comfortable around each other."

I glare at Shiro and punch him in the arm.

"Can you ever shut up?"

(Authors Note: Embarrassed boy...)