Chapter 3

Song: Good Die Young, By: Molly Kate Kestner

(This song goes with the end of this chapter. It has to do with Lances little sister.)

(Authors Note: This has the topic of bullying and family death. The next chapter does too. There is also blood. It's not bad. Just some. This chapter also has the beginning of a panic attack. But we're getting there!)

He walks a little ways away and tosses the ball to me. I catch it in shock.

"You have a great throw."

"That's what happens when your brother needs to practice. Plus we sometimes play against Allura and Alfor."

I look at him skeptically.

"You know, I think you and my friend Pidge would get along great."

"Pidge?"

"Yeah. The little gremlin science geek."

"Me and her used to hang out all the time when we were younger."

"That actually doesn't surprise me."

He frowns.

"Shut up and throw the ball."

I do and he catches it easily.

"You know, if you're this good at football why don't you join the team?"

"Because I draw."

"Yeah but wouldn't it make your brother and coach happy?"

"Probably but I'm going to art school. I'd rather focus on that."

"I'm just saying. They'd quit bothering you about it."

"It's just my brothers excuse to go to the games."

"Is he going tonight?"

"He never misses a game."

"You going with?"

"I have too."

I nod.

"I'll look for you."

He looks at me skeptically.

"Why?"

"So you can meet my friends. I think they'd like you."

He rolls his eyes.

"Wonderful."

"I'm offended on their part."

He shakes his head.

"Not my problem."

"You have horrible social skills.

"Thanks."

He says sarcastically.

"No problem."

We continue tossing the ball back and forth until class is over. We enter the changing room and he cuts another way. I go to my locker and after I'm done I grab my stuff to leave. I look towards his locker and freeze. I was right. He has abs for days. Fuck. I quickly leave the locker room with my hand covering my mouth. Oh dear god. One of the guys on the football team walks over.

"Hey dude, you okay? You look a little feverish."

"I uh-"

"Maybe you should go to the nurse. Gotta be ready for the game tonight."

I nod.

"Good idea."

The bell rings and I dash down the hall to the nurses office. When I arrive nobody is here. I sit down on one of the beds. Holy shit. How can someone so sarcastic and someone who's kind of an ass be that attractive. It's stupid! I sit there calming down when someone speaks up.