Chapter 11

(Authors Note: Is this a chapter a see? Sorry I haven't been posting! I looked back at what I've written and there's a little more than I realized. So, I hope you enjoy this update!

Song: My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard, By: Kelis

Video By: Glowen, ft. Sariste)

I stand watching next to Allura as Shiro and Alfor talk. Finally I hear movement behind us and I turn to see Lance walking over; duffle bag slung over his shoulder. He's in normal clothes and his hair I can see, is slightly damp, most likely from a shower. He stops beside me and looks as the two men talk.

"I don't know whether having Shiro be your brother is cool or a pain."

"A pain."

"Well, you wanna go? We take my friend Hunk's car and afterwards he drops us all off at home. We're already a little late but it doesn't matter."

"Let's go."

I turn to Allura.

"Tell Shiro I'll be home later."

She nods and I follow Lance off the field. It's silent as we walk towards the parking lot. Finally he breaks the awkward silence.

"So, I don't know a lot about you and you already know some personal stuff about me."

"I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about."

He chuckles before answering.

"Thank you for that, but I actually wanted to know some stuff about you."
"Like what?"

"Hmm."

He tilts his head to the side in thought.

"What's your favorite animal?"

"A hippo."

He's quiet and I glance at him from the side. He looks like he's processing it before he bursts into laughter.

"What?"

I snap. He shakes his head still laughing.

"I just never thought a hippo would be your favorite animal."

I frown.

"What's yours?"

"I thought this was me learning more about you."

"Still, I want to know."

"Fine. My favorite animal is a shark."

"It's not much better than mine."

"Hey! Sharks are amazing animals!"

I scoff.

"Are you joking?"

He crosses his arms defensively.

"I don't care what you think. Sharks are still my favorite."

I smile and he shoots me a grin.

"Hey! Over here lovebirds!"

At that me and Lance's heads snap to the owner of the voice.

"Pidge!"

Lance shouts. They cackle but it's quickly erased by a shout as Lance runs at them. I step up next to Hunk as Lance chases Pidge around the parking lot.

"Are they always like this?"

He nods solemnly.

"I'm afraid so."