Chapter 12

(Author's Note: Guess who remembered to post!

I used this picture because we are introduced to Veronica in this chapter! Enjoy!)

Lance

"See ya later Hunk!"

I shout as I leave. He waves goodbye before pulling out and driving off. I turn back to my house and hop up to the front door. Before I can fish out my key the door opens and my little sister Veronica is standing in the doorway.

"Nice to see your home."

"What are you doing up so late?"

I ask her.

"Where's mama?"

"Excuses excuses."

She replies while shaking her head.

"Where were you?"

"With Hunk and Pidge... After the game..."

"And..."

"What do you mean, 'and'."

"You're happier than usual. Plus you were out later. By almost two hours."

"Can't I just have fun with my friends?"

"I'll just text Pidge."

"No, you shouldn't."

"She'll give me an answer won't she?"

"There is no answer."

"Suit yourself."

She shut the door in my face and stepped to the side so I could see her in the window. She had her phone out and was typing.

"Veronica, let me in!"

She doesn't reply and I stand out there watching her for a minute. I would unlock the door but she would just lock it again. Finally the door swings open and I look up to see her grinning.

"I was correct."

"Huh?"

"There was a boy."

She clicks on something on her phone and shows it to me. It's a picture of Keith and Pidge. I've never seen it before and it looks like it was taken a while ago. Neither one looks any different though. Veronica pulls her phone back and narrows her eyes at me.

"He doesn't really seem like your type."

"I don't like him!"

She rolls her eyes.

"Sure."

I cross my arms and huff.

"Can I please come inside now? It's cold."

I whine. She steps back, leaving room for me to walk through. Once I'm inside and the door is shut she questions me again.

"What's his name?"

"Didn't Pidge already tell you that?"

"No. Just said that there was and that you were making heart eyes at him ever since you met."

"WAS NOT!"

"Shhhhhh! Everyone else is asleep! Do you want to wake up mama?!"

"Shit."

She gives me a knowing look before asking again.

"So? Who's the special guy you have your eyes set on?"

"I- Keith."

"What?"

"His name is Keith."

"Wow."

"What now?"

"Just wow. You have a crush on a guy with a mullet who's name is Keith. I think this is a new one for you."

"It's not-"

Her phone chimes in her hand and she looks at it before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

"Veronica..."

She shakes her head.

"You need serious help. I don't think you've ever been like this over someone."

"Like what?!"

"Pidge just sent me a list of all that happend today since you interacted with him."

"Nothing happend!"

"Apparently you were a little overprotective today. Taking care of him too."

She looks up from her phone grinning.

"What has this boy done to you?"

"Nothing!"

I frown and push past her to head up the stairs.

"He's cute!"

She calls after me as I go up. I make it to my room and slam the door.

"I know..."

I grumble.