Chapter 4

(Oof this was a lot more than I planned. Here we are yet again! Summer is arriving so hopefully I can have more time to write! Enjoy!) 

I snap back to reality to find myself sitting on the floor with my hands wrapped around my knees. Allura is watching from afar worriedly while Keith is kneeled down in front of me. He gives me a soft look.

"Are you okay?"

"I just need a minute."

"Take as long as you need."

Allura says softly before leaving the room. Keith sits beside me putting pressure on my side.

"Don't worry. I wasn't going to do anything."

"Okay."

"You wanna talk about it?"

The look he gives me is the gentlest I've ever seen him give and for some reason I open up.

"My sister, Cora. She overdosed. She was bullied a lot by some girls in her grade."

"How old was she?"

"15."

We sit in silence for a little while before he speaks.

"Is that why you had an attack?"

I shrug.

"It happens occasionally. Not very often."

"Then why with me?"

At that I'm stunned to silence.

"I- don't know?

"You're still shaking."

He comments. I lift my hand to see as it moves slightly before hiding it.

"It'll be okay."

"Give me your hand."

"Why?"

"This is something my brother used to do for me. It helps stop the shaking."

I lift my hand and he takes it.

"Pressure helps."

He's surprisingly right. The feeling seems to anchor me down.

"You know you really get on my nerves."

He laughs and I watch with wide eyes at the sound.

"Seriously?"

Damn this guy's driving me nuts.

"Yeah."

"Why? I don't recall doing anything."

"How can someone who doesn't do anything in school get such good grades?"

He looks at me confused.

"That's why?"

"Yeah. It doesn't make sense."

He smiles at me.

"My parents taught me. They thought waiting so long to know stuff was stupid.

"Then why are you here?"

"My brother thinks I should. He loves this school. That's the only reason."

"Well I agree with your brother."

"You like his reasons?"

"I agree with the part of you coming to school. Plus it'll leave you with the chance to go to a good art college."

He looks at me surprised.

"Most people would forget that."

"I have a good memory."