Chapter 13: Lingerie

The next morning, Naeun found herself in somebody else's bed. No, she did not get laid. It was not anything like that. The call she had received last night was from Katie, Naeun's friend from university. Katie had an anxiety disorder and was swept up in one of her panic attacks last night, so she really urgently needed somebody to be there with her and to make sure she would not do anything to harm herself or other people. That was why Naeun sped to the university dorms because Katie sounded so scared and it made Naeun really worried that something bad was going to happen to her. Luckily Naeun was able to soothe her and calm her down, and ended up staying the night in her room. Naeun also got changed into more comfortable pajamas while her work clothes had the entire night to dry.

As Katie was still asleep, Naeun rolled out of bed quietly but her clumsiness was just a part of who she was and she managed to trip on Katie's slippers, landing on the floor with a thud but thankfully not loud enough to wake the sleeping girl.

Naeun recalled the events from yesterday before coming over to the dorms. Her day at the office was pretty awful, she felt uncomfortable around Baekhyun, she had to work overtime, she fought with Yixing but also made up with him and was about to go on a date with him but the weather ruined everything and so she ended up showering with him and nearly slept with him...

She did feel guilty about walking out on Yixing like that. She should probably explain things to him in person, not over text. But as per usual, she was expecting to receive a morning selfie from him. This morning, however, when she opened the image he had sent, she was mildly disappointed that it was not a selfie. Rather, it looked to be a 'selfie' of the bunny plushie. The image came with a caption too.

Yixing: "Bunny misses you."

Naeun smiled to herself as she typed out her reply.

Naeun: "is Bunny the only one who misses me?"

Yixing: "no, but since you think Bunny is cuter, I'm pretty much irrelevant."

Naeun: "what happened to convincing me that you're cuter?"

Yixing: "I was about to do exactly that, but SOMEBODY just had to abandon me just as things were about to get interesting."

Naeun: "I'm sorry :("

Yixing: "you better show me exactly how sorry you are."

Naeun: "I'll kowtow before you in front of everybody at the office."

Yixing: "I do enjoy the idea of you getting on your knees for me, but we're not going back to the office today."

Naeun: "why? Did we get fired?"

Yixing: "course not. Didn't you see Mr Kim's email?"

Naeun: "I'll check right now."

She did as she said would and found that their boss was kind enough to let the two of them take the morning off for working overtime yesterday. As for the afternoon, Mr Kim only required them to work from home. She sighed in relief.

Not wanting to wake Katie yet, Naeun went to the bathroom and gave Yixing a call to explain everything. He was not happy that she ditched him for other people but she assured him that she would make it up to him.

"Then what about the date that we still haven't been able to go on?" He asked over the phone.

"Let's do dinner tonight," she suggested happily.

"Awesome. I'll pick you up at 6," he announced. He knew where her apartment was because sometimes after work he would walk her home. She did wonder why she had not taken all those previous chances to invite him in and sleep with him already. Maybe he was right; she would never make a move unless he created an opportunity.