Lunch Date

Warnings:
Mention of a panic attack, swearing

Virgil woke up on Tuesday to his alarm going off. He groaned, turning off the loud, obnoxious noise, putting on his glasses. The first thing he did was check his phone. He turned it on, and saw a few texts from Roman. "That's.. odd. Roman never texts me.." He mumbled, unlocking his phone.

Princey: Hey, Virgil, are you up?
Sent at 5:26 a.m.
Princey: I'll take that as a no.
Sent at 5:48 a.m.
Princey: Instead of going to the actual lunch table, meet me in the front of the school at lunch.
Sent at 6:13 a.m.
Princey: We're going on a lunch date today.
Sent at 6:14 a.m.

Virgil sighed softly, a small smile on his face. "Well, I don't have much of a choice, do I..?" He mumbled to himself, typing his reply.

Virgil: Okay, I can't really say no. See ya at school.
Sent at 6:47 a.m.

"Okay, now I have to get ready.." Virgil mumbled, sluggishly getting out of bed. He changes into a Panic! At The Disco shirt, black skinny jeans with rips in the knees, some light grey socks, and his black and purple hoodie. He then walks to his bathroom, putting his foundation on. He looks down at his phone when it vibrates.

Princey: See ya soon, love <3
Sent at 6:52

Virgil rolls his eyes, a light blush hidden under the foundation he just applied. He puts in his contacts, yawning quietly, before running a hand through his hair, hiding his eyes behind his bangs. He then walks downstairs to grab something small to eat before he starts on the long walk to school.

*****

"Okay, Princey, I'm here. Where are we going?" Virgil asks, walking over to Roman. Roman looks up at him, rolling his eyes before standing up.

"Someone's having a bad day." Roman says, a small smirk on his face. Virgil glared at Roman, despite what he said being true. Virgil was not having the best day today. He hadn't gotten as much sleep as usual, so he was more tired than normal. Then, he had completely forgotten to do an assignment for his first period class, causing him to have a small panic attack. Lucky for him, the teacher postponed the turn-in date. Then, he tripped and fell in front of everyone in third period, and everyone laughed at him. He just wanted desperately for the day to be over.

"Can we just go and not talk about my shitty day? I'm actually hungry for once." Virgil says. Roman nods, grabbing Virgil's hand gently and leading him towards a small pizza place that was near the school.

"Okay, we won't talk about how bad your day was. But, if you want to talk about it, I'm here to listen." Roman says, smiling at Virgil. Virgil rolls his eyes, but the small smile on his face told Roman that he appreciated it. They continued to walk in a comfortable silence, Virgil ignoring how tired he felt.

They walked into the small, almost empty pizza place, sitting down at a table. They began to talk about random topics, waiting patiently for the waitor/waitress to come over and take their order. After a few minutes, someone walked over to them.

"Hello, my name is Riley. I'll be your waitress today!" The woman, Riley, said cheerfully to them. Roman smiled at her, and Virgil just did his signature two finger salute to acknowledge her presence. "Whenever you two are ready to order."

"Well, Riley, I'll have one slice of your cheese pizza." Roman says, and Riley writes it down on her notepad. Roman and Riley then look over at Virgil. "And my boyfriend will have.."

"I'll have a slice of pepperoni, please and thank you." Virgil says, glaring at Roman for calling him his 'boyfriend' and ignoring the light blush he felt in his cheeks. Riley smiles, and writes it down. "Also, can I have a glass of Sprite?"

"Yeah, that's completely fine. And, for you, sir?" Riley asks, turning to Roman. Roman thinks for a moment before speaking.

"I'll just have an ice water, please." Roman says, smiling at her. Riley nods, clicking her pen and sticking it behind her ear.

"Okay, I'll have those right out to you two!" Riley says walking away towards the kitchen. Roman turns to Virgil, and the two begin talking about random things once again. Riley stopped by a little bit later, giving them their drinks before letting them return to their conversation.

"You didn't have to call me your boyfriend, y'know." Virgil says, cutting off what Roman was saying. Roman chuckles quielty, smirking at his fake boyfriend.

"Why? Did it make you flustered?" Roman asks, teasing Virgil. Virgil rolls his eyes, trying to ignore the soft blush he felt present on his cheeks.

"No, it didn't make me flustered. But we're not actually dating." Virgil says, wishing that what he said weren't true. Roman's smirk doesn't disappear as he grabbed Virgil's hands across the table.

"We may be fake dating. But to other people, our relationship looks real. Sorry to break it to you, love." Roman says, leaning across the table and kissing Virgil's cheeks gently. Virgil feels his cheeks heat up even more, him pulling his hands away from Roman.

"I hate you so much.." Virgil mumbles quietly, glaring at Roman. Roman chuckles softly, his smirk still present on his face. Their conversation was interrupted by Riley walking over to their table with two plates.

"Here you are! Enjoy your food!" Riley says, setting their pizza in front of them before walking off. Virgil takes a bite of his pizza, a small smile on his face.

"This is literally my favorite place to eat." Virgil says quietly, taking another bite of his pizza. Roman takes a bit of his pizza, smiling at Virgil.

"I know, that's why I took you here." Roman says. Virgil gives him a slightly confused look, silently telling him to explain. "Every date we've had was planned by me because I knew you'd like it. The park on Friday at sunset was because you love ice cream, you love the outdoors, and you love the sunset. The movie at your house was because I know sometimes you like to just relax and watch Disney movies at home despite your 'emo' persona. The picnic by the stream was because you said flowing water is very relaxing and I know you like to eat just in general." Roman says casually, taking another bite of his pizza. Virgil looks at Roman, his eyes widened slightly in shock.

"Wow, I didn't know you put that much thought into these dates.." Virgil mumbles, both embarrassed and impressed by how much planning went into everything that Roman did. Roman only smiles at Virgil.

"Well, of course. Cliché dates aren't just about being cliché. It's about making the person you're taking on said date feel happy and special." Roman says, taking a sip of his water. Virgil looks at the table, taking a drink of his soda.

"Well, thanks for putting so much thought into them.." Virgil says when he finishes taking a drink. The two continued to talk about various topics while they ate. Eventually, they had to go back to school, so Roman payed for their lunch and they walked back to school hand-in-hand.

A/N:
Idk how much I like this, but I thought it'd be a cute idea. Also I needed to write the next chapter so I could progress the story because I already have future chapters written oops. And sorry for any mistakes, I'm not in the mood to proofread things at the moment.