Cool Kids

Virgil: When you come to drop off my homework, just walk in, I don't mind.
Sent at 2:27 p.m.

Virgil sent the text to Patton, setting his phone on the coffee table. He then grabbed his controller and continued to play his game. After a few minutes, his phone vibrated, so he paused the game. He looked at his phone, seeing that his mom was calling so he answered.

"Hey, Mom. What's up?" Virgil asks, a bit confused because she never calls him.

"Virgil, why aren't you at school?" She asks through the phone. Virgil pauses, trying to think of an excuse as to why he stayed home.

"I threw up this morning before I left so I thought it'd be best if I stayed home." Virgil says, trying to sound convincing. He hears his mom sigh quietly from the other end.

"Okay, Virgil, I trust you. You could've at least texted me to let me know." She says, clearly a bit skeptical. Virgil nods, despite knowing that she couldn't see.

"Okay, I'll tell you next time, Mom. Love you." Virgil says, a small smile on his face.

"I love you too, Virgil. I'll see you when I get home." She says, happily. Virgil bites the inside of his cheek.

"Uh, yeah, see you then." Virgil mumbles, hanging up the phone. He sighs softly, leaning back on the couch. He then turns off his game, putting the controller away, when his door opens.

"Virgil! I'm here!" Patton calls with a big smile on his face before he sees Virgil. Virgil turns around, smiling at Patton, before freezing. He sees a smiling Roman standing slightly behind Patton.

"Patton, why is Roman with you?" Virgil asks, pointing to the taller male. Patton looks at Roman before looking back at Virgil, an embarrassed smile on his face.

"Look, Virgil-" Roman says, but immediately stops talking when Virgil glares at him. Virgil then turns to Patton, telling him to explain.

"Roman wanted to come apologise for what he did this morning, so I let him come with me." Patton says, setting Virgil's homework on the small table in the dining room. "I don't know what happened, he refused to tell me." Patton added. Virgil sighed quielty, motioning for them both to come to the couch.

"Okay, start." Virgil says, raising an eye at Roman. 'Why am I acting so annoyed? I'm really happy he's here. I'm just being a jerk.' He thought, snapping back into reality when Roman started talking.

"Virgil, I'm sorry I came into your house uninvited. I'm sorry that I scared you. I'm sorry that I learned about your guitar, and I'm just sorry for this morning in general." Roman says sincerely, looking Virgil in the eyes.

"Thank you for apologising. You're forgiven." Virgil says, a small smile on his face. Roman smiles pulling Virgil into a hug while Patton is trying not to squeal. Virgil hugs him back, glaring at Patton. After a minute or so, Virgil pulls away from the hug, sitting next to Patton on the couch.

"Virgil, I have a request!" Roman says, sitting on the other side of Patton and looking at Virgil. Virgil looks at him confused, silently telling him to continue. "Well, I was wondering if you could preform for me and Patton!"

"Oh no, absolutely not!" Virgil says, his eyes widening slightly and his face tinting in embarrassment. Patton gasps silently at Roman's idea, smiling.

"Oh, please, Virge? You have such a nice voice!" Patton says, giving Virgil puppy dog eyes. Virgil bites the inside of his cheek, shaking his head, but not saying anything. "Pleeeeeaaaaase?" Patton whines.

"Ugh, fine." Virgil says, sighing. Patton's eyes light up and he pulls Virgil into a tight hug, mumbling 'thank you' over and over happily. Roman smiles as he looks at Virgil reluctantly smile and hug Patton back. Patton pulls away from the hug after a few seconds. "I'll be back."

Virgil walks upstairs to his room, grabbing his guitar. 'What am I even going to play? And does Roman expect me to sing? Oh god, what did I get myself into?' Virgil thinks, taking a deep breath, and walking downstairs. Roman and Patton both smile at him, and wait patiently for him to begin.

"Just.. Please don't laugh at me.." Virgil mumbles, sitting on his coffee table in front of the two of them and grabbing his guitar. Roman places his hand comfortingly on Virgil's knee, giving him a reassuring smile.

"We won't laugh at you, love. Don't worry." Roman says, softly. Patton smiles at the two of them and Virgil nods, taking a deep breath. He starts playing the intro to the song, and then, he begins to sing.

"She sees them walking in a straight line,
That's not really her style
And they all got the same heartbeat
But hers is falling behind
Nothing in this world could
Ever bring them down
Yeah, they're invincible, and she's just in the background
And she says

I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

He sees them talking with a big smile
But they haven't got a clue
Yeah, they're living the good life
Can't see what he is going through
They're driving fast cars
But they don't know where they're going
In the fast lane, living life without knowing
And he says

I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids they seem to get it
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

And they said
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

I wish that I could be like the cool kids
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to get it
I wish that I could be like the cool kids
Like the cool kids

Like the cool kids." As Virgil finishes playing the guitar, the room is silent. Virgil was looking at his lap, too scared too look up at the two people in front of him. Suddenly, Patton squeals.

"VIRGIL THAT WAS AMAZING!" Patton yells happily, clapping. Roman was frozen, his eyes widened slightly in shock. 'That was.. amazing. He's really good.' Roman thought. Virgil looked up at Patton, a light blush on his cheeks. He puts his guitar in it's case, setting the case on the floor.

"Virgil, that was.. wow." Roman says, a small smile on his face. Virgil scratches the back of his neck, shrugging. He sits on the couch when Patton tackles him in a hug. Virgil laughs, hugging Patton back.

"Thanks, guys. But it wasn't that good.." Virgil mumbles as Patton pulls away from the hug. Virg sits up again, leaning his head on Patton's shoulder.

"Virgil, it was amazing and don't even try to deny it." Patton says sternly to Virgil. Roman nods in agreement.

"Yes, it really was. You are very talented." Roman says, smiling at Virgil. Virgil rolls his eyes, but the smile on his face tells Patton and Roman all they needed to know.

The three of them talk for a little bit before Patton and Roman have to leave. They all say their goodbyes, Roman kissing Virgil's forehead causing Patton to squeal, before they all hug. Then, the two older boys leave Virgil's house. Virgil puts his guitar away, and sits on his roof for a while, just thinking to himself.

A/N:
I tried making this one good, but I'm not sure if it really was.
I'm having one of those days where I feel unmotivated and depressed, so I tried not to let that effect (affect? Idk) my writing. Bye-Bye!