Chit Chat

Virgil sat on his couch mindlessly strumming his guitar while Patton sat upside-down next to him. There was no other noises aside from Virgil's guitar, and that's how they spent a lot of their time. Sometimes Virgil would play songs and Patton would sing along, but most of the time it was almost completely silent. Patton suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Virgil, how's the bet going?" Patton asks, sitting up so that the blood didn't rush to his head. Virgil looked up, and stopped strumming. He thought for a moment before shrugging.

"Fine, I guess. Why?" Virg asks in return, a bit confused. He set his guitar on the ground so it was leaning against to couch.

"Well, the whole 'You having a crush on Roman' thing seemed pretty concerning to you when the bet first started, so I just was asking." Patton says with a shrug. Virgil bites the inside of his cheek, sighing silently.

"I mean, it is kind of an issue.." Virgil mumbles, looking at the couch. Patton gives him a confused look, asking him to explain. "Well, he seems like he likes me. But it could just be for the bet. Or it could just be my mind playing tricks on me."

"Aw, Virge." Patton says, wrapping his arms around Virgil's shoulders. Virgil leans into Patton, sighing once again.

"I just don't want to ruin our friendship by doing something I'll regret.." Virgil mumbles. "I really like having Roman as a friend.. And I don't want to lose him.."

"Virgil, you won't lose him. He cares about you too much to lose you." Patton says, rubbing Virgil's arm. Virgil smiles softly, mumbling a 'thanks' to Patton, causing Patton to smile softly. "It's no problem."

~Meanwhile~

"Logan, I don't get it!" Roman says, pacing back and forth in front of the smarter boy. The two were out on the football feild. Logan was sitting down on the grass under the shade of a tree, and Roman was pacing around in front of him. And he had been for a few minutes now.

"And, uh, what exactly do you not get, Roman?" Logan asks, setting his book down on the grass next to him and looking up at Roman. Roman sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I took this bet to prove to Virgil that clichés are amazing. But now, I feel like I'm just doing things to try and impress the Emo Nightmare and try to get him to like me." Roman says, sitting on the ground in front of Logan, huffing loudly. Logan pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"Roman, have you ever considered that you might have romantic feelings for Virgil?" Logan asks, raising an eyebrow. Roman's eyes widen, and a light blush appears in his cheeks.

"I don't like Virgil! Wh-Why would you even suggest that, Lo?" Roman defends himself. Logan sighs softly, nodding.

"If you say so. Just, think about it. Okay? I've got to get home now. Goodbye, Roman." Logan says, putting his book away in his bag. He then stands up and walks away, leaving Roman alone.

'I do not like Virgil and his stupidly beautiful hair. Or his gorgeous eyes that just light up when he gets excited. Or his adorable smile that could literally kill. Or that little amused smirk he has on his face when he... Okay yeah I definitely like him.." Roman thinks, laying back on the ground, his light blush never leaving his cheeks.

A/N:
This was more of a filler chapter and I know it's short, but I have my reasons for posting this. I feel like it's important.
Btw, this all happened after school on Tuesday.