three ✔

"Well, I guess I should go find Howard..." I said rubbing the back of my neck. Steve looked at me and nodded slightly.
    "O-or you could stay with me, maybe sixth time is the charm?" be said with a chuckle.
    I smiled. "Okay, I'll stay with you, Howard is probably swarmed with women anyways..." I said rubbing the back of my neck again with a giggle. Steve smiled and nodded, taking my hand as we walked into the recruitement center so Steve could try another enlistment form.
    I sat next to Steve as he filled out the form, once again lying about where he was from, obviously not caring about what could happen.
    I rested my head on his shoulder as we waited for him to be called into the examination room. He rested his head on mine. This was nice, just me and him sitting together like this, who knows when we will be able to do this again.
    "Rogers, Steven!" his name was called. He lifted his head and I removed mine from his shoulder.
    "Finger's crossed," I said with a small smile, as I crossed my fingers.
    He chuckled lightly. "Yeah, maybe this'll be it."
    "I feel it Steve... this one... this is it." I said with a hopeful smile, he smiled back, causing my heart to race, and a blush to creep up my cheeks. Steve turned and walked to the examination room, his cheeks slightly pink.
~~~
    Steve sat in the medical examination room, quietly when a nurse whispered something inaudible to a young doctor.
    "Wait here." the young doctor ordered.
    "Is there a problem?" Steve questioned in concern.
    "Just wait here." the young doctor said as he walked out.
    Steve looked at a sign on the wall warning against lying on your enlistment form, and panicked, he started to get ready to leave when an Enlistment Office MP walked into the room causing Steve to look up at him worriedly.
    Just then another doctor walks in and the  Enlistment Office MP quietly left.
    "Thank you." the doctor said to the MP, he then turned to Steve. "So, you want to go overseas. Kill some Nazis.
    "Excuse me?" Steve asked.
    "Dr. Abraham Erskine." the doctor, now known as Abraham Erskine, introduced as he walked to Steve. "I represent the Strategic Scientific Reserve."
    Steve's eyes lit up, maybe he could work with (Y/n). "Steve Rogers. Where are you from?" Steve asked as Dr. Erskine started looking through his file.
    "Queens. 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway. Before that, Germany. This troubles you?" the doctor asked.
    "No." Steve said shaking his head.
    The doctor flipped through Steve’s file, curiously. "Where are you from, Mr. Rogers? Mmm? Is it New Haven? Or Paramus? Five exams in five different cities."
    "That might not be the right file." Steve's heart began to beat faster, maybe something was going to happen...
    "No, it’s not the exams I’m interested in. It’s the five tries. But you didn’t answer my question. Do you want to kill Nazis?" Dr. Erskine asked once more.
    "Is this a test?" Steve furrowed his brows, a frown on his face.
    "Yes." Erskine said.
    "I don’t wanna kill anyone." Steve said looking at him. "I don’t like bullies. I don’t care where they’re from."
    "Well, there are already so many big men fighting this war. Maybe what we need now is the little guy, huh? I can offer you a chance." Erskine said as they exited the room. "Only a chance."
    "I’ll take it." Steve said his voice dripping with seriousness, this is all that he's wanted... A chance.
    "Good. So where is the little guy from, actually?" Erskine asked.
    "Brooklyn." Steve answered.
    Dr. Erskine smiled slightly and stamped Steve’s form and handed him back his file. "Congratulations, soldier." he said as he walked away.
    Steve looked down at the file and opened it up, he sees that he’s been stamped as accepted... His eyes widen as he smiles in joy. He closes the file and makes his way back to (Y/n) to tell her the joyous news.
···············
    I took a deep breath and released it. I hope Steve got in this time, maybe Howard had talked to the SSR before the show or before Steve went in there... I just hope that he gets approved.
    "(Y/n)," Steve said as he walked up to me, I stood from the chair and looked at him, curiosity filling my body.
    "W-what's the verdict?" I asked with a worried smile, he looked down at the file in his hands and handed it over to me. I looked at him with worried eyes and then looked at the file. I slowly opened it and saw the APPROVED stamp. I looked up at Steve as he smiled back at me. "R-really?"
    "Yep." he said with a wide grin. I closed the file and wrapped my arms around his neck, his going around my waist.
    "I knew this was the one!" I said squeezing him tightly. "I knew it!!!" he chuckled lightly and squeezed me tighter.
    "Thank you, (Y/n)..." he said softly. I pulled away from him slightly and looked into his blue eyes.
    "For what?" I asked. He smiled at me, his cheeks slightly pink.
    "For always being here and believing in me." he answered.
    Now it was my turn to blush. "Well, of course Steve, I will always believe in you."
    He smiled and chuckled lightly. "I'm glad that I have a... friend like you."
    "Right back at ya..." I said with a smile, even though it felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

··············
In a HYDRA lab in a very mountainous region

    "Are you ready, Dr. Zola?" Johann Schmidt asked.
    "My machine requires the most delicate calibration. Forgive me if I seem overcautious." Dr. Arnim Zola answered.
    "And are you certain that those conductors of yours can withstand the energy surge long enough for a transference?"
    "With this artifact, I am certain of nothing. I fear it may not work at all." Zola said as Schmidt inserted the Tesseract carefully into the machine, then Zola started it up. "Twenty percent. Forty. Sixty. Stabilising at seventy percent." Zola stated.
    Schmidt took over the controls. "I have not come all this way for safety, Doctor." He said as he turned the controls up to maximum and a blue light flittered throughout the room.
    "What is that?" Zola asked in astonishment.
    After successfully collecting the power from the glowing Tesseract using Zola’s machine, Schmidt turned to him. "I must congratulate you, Arnim. Your designs do not disappoint. Though they may require some slight reinforcement."
    "The exchange is stable. Amazing! The energy we have just collected could power my design, all my designs. This will change the war." Zola said excitedly.
   "Dr. Zola, this will change the world."