seven✔

At Hydra HQ

   "The Führer is not accustomed to being ignored, Herr Schmidt. He funds your research because you promised him weapons." Hutter said.
    "You serve at his pleasure. he gave you this facility as a reward for your injuries." Schneider stated.
    "Reward? Call it what it is. Exile. I no longer reflect his image of Aryan perfection." Schmidt explained.
    "You think this is about appearances? Your Hydra division has failed to deliver so much as a rifle in over a year. And we had learned through local intelligence you had mounted a full-scale incursion into Norway." Roeder said.
    "The Führer feels… How does he put it? 'The Red Skull has been indulged long enough!'" Schneider exclaimed.
    "Gentlemen, you have come to see the results of our work. Let me show you." Schmidt said as they entered the lab. "Hitler speaks of a thousand year Reich, but he cannot feed his army for a month. His troops spill their blood across every field in Europe. But still he is no closer to achieving his goals."
    "And I suppose you still aim to end this war through magic?" Roeder asked.
    "Science. But I understand your confusion. Great power has always baffled primitive men. Hydra is assembling an arsenal to destroy my enemies in one stroke. Where ever they are, regardless of how many forces they possess. All in a matter of hours." Schmidt explained.
    "Your enemies?" Roeder asked, confused.
    "My weapons contain enough destructive power to decimate every hostile capital on earth. Quite simply, gentlemen, I have harnessed the power of the Gods." Schmidt informed.
    "Thank you, Schmidt." Schneider said.
    "For what?" Schmidt asked
    "For making it clear how obviously mad you are." Schneider stated.
    "Berlin is on this map!" Hutter exclaimed as he studied a map lying around.
    "So it is." Schmidt said casually.
    "You will be punished for your insolence! You will be brought before the Führer himself!" Hutter yelled.
Schmidt then killed them all with his new Tesseract-powered canon.
    "Schmidt!!!" Roeder screamed before he disintegrated.
    "My apologies, Doctor, but we both knew Hydra could grow no further in Hitler’s shadow. Hail Hydra." Schmidt said.
    "Hail Hydra!" the Hydra technicians yelled raising both arms to salute.
    "Hail Hydra!" Zola yelled when Schmidt turned to him.
···············

At the SSR compound.

    I sat across from Steve as Peggy took blood from us.
   "Think you got enough?" Steve asked referring to the huge amount that she took from us. I looked at her with an eyebrow raised.
    "Any hope of reproducing a program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine it would take years." she explained.
    "He deserved more than this." I said looking down at my lap.
    "If it could only work once, he’d be proud it was you two." Peggy said walking away with the blood samples. I stood and so did Steve.
    "I hate having to crane my neck to look up at you," I said with a chuckle as I looked up at Steve. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.
    "Well, get used to it doll." he said leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss and rested my hands on his shoulders.
    I broke the kiss and looked into his eyes. "I wonder if everything got bigger..." I said looking down with a smirk, I looked back up at Steve as his face flushed.
    "M-maybe we can find out later..." he stuttered.
    I chuckled. "Fingers crossed."
···············

SSR tech lab with the Hydra submarine

    "Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers." Senator Brandt stated looking at Colonel Phillips. I watched on as I stood next to Steve, my hand resting on his back.
    "Great. Why don’t we start with how a German spy got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" Colonel Phillips said. He turned to Howard who was working on the submarine. "What have we got here?"
    "Speaking modestly, I’m the best mechanical engineer in this country. But I don’t know what’s inside this thing or how it works. We’re not even close to this technology." Howard answered.
    "Then who is?" Senator Brandt asked.
    "Hydra?" I asked looking at Colonel Phillips.
    "Exactly. I’m sure you’ve been reading our briefings, Senator."
    "I’m on a number of committees, Colonel." Senator Brandt said.
    "Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It’s led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions." Peggy stated.
   I glanced up at Steve who watched the scene with his arms crossed and his jaw clenched. I removed my hand from his back, crossed my arms and looked at the ground.
    "Hydra’s practically a cult. They worship Schmidt, they think he’s invincible." Colonel Phillips added.
   "So what are you gonna do about it?" Senator Brandt asked.
   "Spoke to the president this morning. As of today the SSR is being retasked." Colonel Phillips answered, I raised my head and looked at him.
   That would mean that I would be getting relocated... Steve is now a soldier... We would be split up... Fucking hell...
    "Colonel?" Peggy and I asked in unison.
    "We are taking the fight to Hydra. Pack your bags Agent Carter. You too, Mr. Stark. You’re flying to London tonight."
    I raised my eyebrows and frowned. "Colonel Phillips-"
    "Sir, if you’re going after Schmidt, we want in." Steve cut me off.
    "You’re an experiment, Rogers. You too, (Y/n). You’re both going to Alamogordo." Colonel Phillips ordered.
    Howard looked at me with wide eyes. I could tell that he didn't want us to be split up, but he wasn't going to argue with Colonel Phillips again.
    "The serum worked." Steve argued.
    "I asked for an army and all I got was you. You are not enough." Colonel Phillips stated.
    "With all due respect to the Colonel, I think we may be missing the point. I’ve seen you in action. More importantly, the country’s seen it." Senator Brandt said showing Steve and I a newspaper.
     ‘The New York Examiner’ Vol. XVII No. 33.634, Wednesday, June 23, 1943 headlines: "Nazis in New York - mystery man and woman save child!"
    "The enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the newsstands, Steve. You don’t take a soldier, a symbol like that, and hide him in a lab. Son, do you want to serve your country on the most important battlefield of the war?" Senator Brandt asked. I looked up at Steve.
    "Sir, that’s all I've ever wanted." Steve said with his eyebrows furrowed.
    "Then, congratulations. You just got promoted." Senator Brandt said with a smile. "You too, Miss Stark."